Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Feels Like a Monday

We’re off to a great start! I’m supposed to be testing in the computer lab. Last week, the testing software expired because someone forgot to pay the licensing fee for this year. Everyone’s pointing their finger at everyone else when, in reality, it’s nobody’s fault because the tech guy left without letting anyone know it needed renewal.

The teachers are anxious to get the testing out of the way and the software is used for other things, as well.

I walk into the building this morning and I swear the teachers were waiting to pounce. It was as if they were hiding behind a corner to catch me off guard. I walked in, the hall was empty and before I knew it, I was surrounded.

Teacher 1:“I noticed Renaissance isn’t working yet.”

Me: “Oh, really? I just got here, I haven’t had a chance to check.”

Teacher 2: “Do you think we can use Renaissance today?”

Me: “Good question, when I get to my desk I’ll call the tech guy and ask him.”

All the while I’m thinking, “Do you see me standing here with rain dripping off my coat? Do I look like I’m able to answer your questions? Do you even realize I’M NOT IN CHARGE OF MAKING THE PROGRAM WORK?!?”

7 comments:

Jenny said...

God Bless you, dear! I have SO had one of those days today too. Ugh!

Here's to hoping the issue is soon resolved.

Joyce said...

Kerri,

I used to be a business/computer teacher...so I know what you mean. It can be sooooo frustrating. Everybody thought I should have the answer if the tech guy wasn't available!! And I remember the start of the school year is always a killer--I always came home exhausted. My husband knew to just leave me alone for the first couple weeks!

Hang in there! God's blessings to you!

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, I don't know how quickly it will get resolved, I just wish the teachers would figure out that the server that runs the software isn't even in our building. They're nagging the wrong person.

Joyce, thanks for visiting! It sounds like you know first hand what it's like. My husband's not here to deal with it first hand, and I'm sure there are days when he's sorry he asked "How was your day?" hehe

Lois Lane said...

Ahhh, the blame game. Don't you just hate that? It must also he highly annoying for people to pounce before you have actually sat at your desk. Here's hoping the rest of the week sails by trouble free!
Lois Lane

Fizzy said...

Poor you, it sounds like too many people are only thinking about themselves. I hope the rest of this week got better. look after yourself

Sandy said...

I guess they just need someone to go to complain...and lucky you! You get to hear it!
My Pharm class video wasn't posted for everyone else to see and my teacher has been getting non stop complaints, even though it's not HER fault.( But not from me...I actually WENT to class so I don't depend on the video : )

Kim said...

Nothing like waiting for you at the door with a question, hey?