Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Blah Blah

I feel guilty for not posting as regularly as I used to. It’s not like I view my blog as something I HAVE to do. I’m not sure where the guilt comes from. I guess part of the reason I haven’t been writing is because I didn’t feel I had anything worth being read. I don’t feel like I have to be upbeat and chipper all the time, but don’t want to be all gloomy and depressing, either, and that’s how I’ve felt the past few days. I think I need to just quit over analyzing myself and just write. I think being over analytical is a part of who a Virgo is. *sigh*

Today was my 2nd day back at work. Things are a little crazy at work. The Jr. high building suffered water damage the night before school was to resume when the pipes froze and burst. Because of that, we’re sharing a couple of our classrooms with them. That means juggling other things around like the Title-I Math class and the tutors. Kids are not always open to change so we’ve got some moody students but I think it will all work itself out. I guess they’ll be out of their building until February 1st or later.

Our principal isn’t back from the break yet. He bought his son snowboarding lessons for Christmas. Christmas morning he (the principal’s son) was on the slopes and broke his hand. With him gone, things are even more confusing. We had a PE teacher show up that we didn’t know was coming. The kids know she’s here and are excited, but we don’t even know if she’s a PE teacher for the district, or just the Jr. and Sr. high schools.

I don’t have an update on my sister. I haven’t called my mom in a couple days fearing I’d get more bad news. I’ll call tonight.

Our cold spell is still holding on. It feels a bit warmer now, though. Maybe we’ll get some snow before it rains. My nieces are not minding the cold at all. Their dad built an ice rink in their front yard and they’ve learned how to ice skate. Even Lucione, who is ALWAYS cold has been having a blast.

The bell is going to ring in about 5 minutes so I better get going. I have to go to Study Hall.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Don't worry about posting too often, writing comes when it comes and once you get back into the groove of things you'll probably start writting again.
I still have you and your sis and the rest of your family in my prayers.
Have a great day tomorrow. :-)