Thursday, January 06, 2005

Randomness

I haven't been outdoors since Tuesday. I stayed home sick on Wednesday and again today. I've got a head cold that has sapped all my energy. I think the stress of the holidays and my sisters injuries caught up to me.

I've spent the better part of the past two days asleep. When I'm awake I'm sneezing and dealing with a monstrous headache.

I feel silly complaining about a cold when my sister and mom are dealing with a more serious situation.

If I manage to get up for work tomorrow, it will be a short day. Our Council Inauguration is tomorrow. For some reason it's at 3:30 in the afternoon rather than closer to the dinner hour as previous years. School is being dismissed at 1:45 because a.) one of our teachers is married to a newly elected councilman and b.) the highschool choir and junior and senior high bands have been asked to participate.

Our weather has warmed. We're back up into the 30's again. I think we even got a small sprinkle of rain.

Lucione has had a crush on a certain boy for quite some time now. I think he's finally figured it out and has commenced playing little flirting games with her. Trying to take her trumpet away, poking at her, etc. I'm not ready for her to date. She'll be 13 in April. I had hoped, unrealistically, that she wouldn't show any interest in boys until she had been in high school for a year or two.

Okay, enough rambling. I think I'm going to go lie back down.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

**smooch**

I hope you're feeling better soon, physically and emotionally.

Thinking good thoughts for you.

Jenny said...

I'm interested in your Council Inauguration. What exactly happens during that ceremony? Just curious.

Feel better, Kerri.