Monday, January 10, 2005

Busy, Sleepless Weekend

Between the loud music of the dance, Lindsey's nightmares, and a few nightmares of my own, I did not get a whole lot of sleep this weekend. I did, however, manage to keep busy and fooled those around me by keeping my family dramas to myself. I told my dad, of course, but he and Michael are the only people I told.

I know it's not good to hold things in, but the emotions were too raw. I didn't want to be so emotional all weekend so decided to keep it hidden.

The dinner went really well. We had turkey... again... for about the 4th time since Christmas. She got some nice gifts and it was great to have the little ones around. Craig and Mikayla were there. I cannot get over how adorable those two are. When Marie picked up the gift they brought for her, Mikayla said, "Hey! That's from my mom and me!"

She loves her Barbies and Marie asked her, "What did you get me? Is it a Barbie?"

"Yeah, maybe!"

Poor Craig had an accident at school today. He was on the swings during recess. He fell off backwards and his head hit a rock. He had to have 3 staples in his head to close the wound. He was a brave little man at the clinic, though.

Lucione is so excited. The first basketball games of the season are this weekend and she can't wait to show off her new trumpet. The blue matches the school colors perfectly. I'm so glad she likes it.

I received some mail today that shocked and disturbed me. It was from a clinic in Town. A doctor I have never heard of working out of a clinic I didn't even know existed sent me a $1500 bill for an abortion I never had. I was floored when I saw the bill. #1, because of the amount and #2, because, as a woman who loves children and doesn't have any of her own, I would never even entertain the thought of an abortion.

I think I'm going to stop rambling and take a walk around the neighborhood. It's snowing and cold and that's just the way I like it.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

What a blazing heck of a few days in your life!!!

I firmly believe that when the bad and crappy things in life pile up on you, something amazing is just around the corner. Hang on tight. I know it's so hard right now, but in a while you'll look back on all this and wonder why you were so stressed.

Chin up, Kerri!