Thursday, January 13, 2005

I Missed Out :o(

I couldn't go to the assembly today. :o( I was so upset. I was really looking forward to it. It started at 2:00. At 1:40, the principal approached me and said, "Kindergarten will be dismissed from their classroom today so you're going to have to stay behind just in case any of them need Latch Key."

"Latch Key" is in the Library. I'm in there each day after school to help kids with homework and supervise those who are waiting to be picked up. The entire school district was allowed to attend except 2 of us. Space Cadet and I had to sit at our desks and twiddle our thumbs with nothing to do for the last hour of the day.

As if that wasn't bad enough, nobody showed up for Latch Key. Worse yet, Lindsey volunteered to hoop dance and we both missed it! Lindsey doesn't volunteer for anything. She's extremely shy and this was HUGE for her. We both missed it. I'm so bummed. I asked her if she'd volunteer again tonight if she gets the chance and she said no. She said she wouldn't have volunteered the first time if she knew what she was volunteering for. I told her I was very proud of her for taking a chance and following through. I'm so bummed I missed it, though.

Speaking of hoop dancing...it starts at 7:00 and it' s almost 6:30. I better get off the computer. Maybe I'll post again later.

Maybe not, though. It's snowing and I think I may go for a walk later. :o)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry you missed the assembly.

I don't know if I've ever seen hoop dancing... I should look into it. :-)

Kerri said...

Kate, seeing the evening performance almost made up for it but I couldn't convince my niece to try dancing again.

If you ever get the chance to see a hoop dancer, don't pass it up. They are amazing!