Monday, July 25, 2005

Drip, Drip, Drop Little April Showers



The rain that we've been told was coming for the past week has finally arrived. It felt a bit muggy this morning during the first rain shower, but it's cooled down nicely since then. I love this kind of rain. No wind whatsoever, just the calming dripping sounds of a few rain drops. We don't get this kind of rain very often.

Lucione leaves me again tomorrow. The Boys and Girls Club is taking a bunch of kids on the last camping trip of the Summer. They'll be gone until Friday afternoon. She's excited.

In a way, I'm glad because having her here makes it very hard for me to sleep. I don't know why, but when she's here, it takes me forever to fall asleep and then I wake at every little noise. This is the first time I've realized how loud this neighborhood is late at night. You'd think a town of less than 2000 people would have some quiet time. This town never seems to sleep.

The bad thing is, I don't know how to cook for one. Even cooking for 2 we tend to have left-overs and I'm not good with left-overs.

Enough rambling for tonight. I hope you are well.

3 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

Cute flowers :)

As for cooking for one - how about a sandwich? Frozen dinners? Canned soup? :)

Jenny said...

THE first Disney Video I ever purchased was Bambi. I used to watch it over and over again to hear that song. :-)

The pic is great, and I hope you get some good sleep. When is M coming home?

Kerri said...

Stationery Queen, glad you like the daisies. :o) Freezing is a good idea...I'll have to try that.

Thanks, Tee...I almost gave my husband a heart attack when I took that photo...we were driving along and I yelled out "STOP!" He thought there was somthing wrong...I just wanted a picture of daisies. hehe Thanks for the ideas. :o)

Akeskileut, thanks. No, didn't cook today. I'm not feeling very well so didn't have much of an appetite.

Jayleigh, I love that you knew the song! The rain was so relaxing to listen to I was singing that song all day long. Glad you like the picture. I'm hoping for some good sleep, too. Lucione shared her cold with me so I need sleep. Michael will be home on Thursday afternoon.