Monday, July 18, 2005

I Can Do This...I Can Do This...

I said that to myself so many times yesterday. That was the hardest day so far. I know he had only been gone 3 nights up to that point, but for some reason it felt like forever. I had a knot in my stomach all day and if I let myself think for too long, I'd tear up.

I hate feeling like this. I really hope it doesn't feel like this every time he leaves.

I ordered a cell phone today. I've never ever had one and I'm not even entirely sure it will work here, but I had to at least try. Buying phone cards will get very expensive. I'm hoping it works, but if it doesn't work here, I'll send it with Michael when he leaves.

He went to Kings Canyon and (I think) Sequoyia Nat'l Park yesterday. He took over 100 pictures of the huge trees, butterflies, and who knows what else. He was able to walk through a tree that had fallen and been hollowed out. He promised to take me there if/when I get to Fresno to visit him.

(Aimee, I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be going to Santa Maria. I can't swing a plane ticket and its not enough notice for the company. They've already bought Michael's tickets.)

Next he wants to go to another nearby national park. Yosemite? I forgot.

Nothing much to report from my end of things. I've just been taking care of my niece and re-learning how to keep up with laundry and dishes. Those were always Michael's chores.

I'm sure I'll be back to writing regular posts soon.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I hear you. If Rob ever had to go away for an extended period of time, my house would be in shambles. lol Rob's just "better" at dishes than me.

Hopefully you'll be able to communicate by cell. **hugs**

Fizzy said...

oooo I am sorry that you are feeling like this. But I totally understand.
if you look on my blog under my picture there is a HUG gadget thingy..... where people can give you cyber hugs....
here is the link
http://www.toxin.org/cgi-bin/gethugs.cgi
have ago with it and then we can all give you a hug when you are feeling down
look after yourself
Fizzy

Sandy said...

Well FINALLY! Everytime I tried to post a comment yesterday, it would freeze my computer!
Glad i can finally get through.
Sorry you are feeling so down. Wish we could all come and cheer you up!