Monday, July 11, 2005

The Phone Call

We finally got the phone call. Not just any call...THE call. The one Michael's been waiting for and I've been sorta half dreading.

He leaves Thursday. They faxed his itinerary today. He's going to Fresno until the 28th. He'll come home and leave here again on August 1st for Santa Maria. Then he'll return back home on the 18th. Those are the only tickets they've bought him so far. I don't know if that means he'll have a project here in August (someone from the company does...I don't know if Michael is a part of that crew yet) or if they only buy 4 tickets at a time.

I'm kinda bummed because he'll miss the 7th of August celebration and most likely our anniversary and my birthday as well. I've missed 7th of August before because I was at my mom's but we've never been apart on our anniversary.

I'm trying really hard to want this because I know Michael does. It means steady employment throughout the winter. That's next to impossible living here. I should be happy about that. But I hate the idea of only seeing him 1 week out of each month. It's not even a full week, either. It's 5 days...including travel to and from home. So really he's only home for 3 days. I hate that.

I really do.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I hate this for you, Kerri. I know how close you two are and how you love each other. I will keep on praying that everything works out how it's supposed to.

What is the 7th of August?

Take care!!

Connie Marie said...

That work schedule will be tough on both of you!

My husband works a two weeks away/two weeks at home schedule and that is tough enough, but only three days at home? Wow.

I wish it didn't have to be this way for you guys...

Fizzy said...

This is going o be very hard for you and I feel for you. Look after yourself.



(p.s. not got any h/work done yet lol.... I am building myself up for it)

Lois Lane said...

I'm glad he was able to find steady work but I'm sorry for you. It takes a lot of getting used to but I'll hope your transition goes smoothly.
Lois Lane

Sandy said...

oh, you poor thing! I know it's going to be hard for you, Kerri. Maybe you can...take up a new hobby for when he is gone and you won't miss him too too much? Or come visit me : )

David Edward said...

hey - be strong, when there are so many families apart for so long, we all make sacrifices, pray that he will be safe
and that the time will seem to go by quickly
we all stand together in faith for a great outcome.

Fizzy said...

Just stopping by to see how you are doing