Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Where Do I Begin?

Let's see...Friday afternoon was spent entertaining Theodore. He had already spent 2 nights here and was planning on a third. As it turned out, my sister-in-law invited him to spend the night and Michael took that as his cue to plan a trip to Town.

I stayed up way too late and got up way too early, but we made the ferry and started on our way. Once in Town we cashed Michael's check and made a stop at Wal-Mart so that I could buy gifts for my newest nephew and then went to my sister-in-law's house to visit for a bit. We then went to lunch at a restaurant we had never tried before. We spent a lot of time just driving around wasting time. It was nice to not feel so rushed.

That evening we went to the theater and saw both the Herbie and Batman movies. It's a good thing I had my very first double-shot iced mocha on the way to the theater or I might not have been able to stay awake. I had caramel syrup added and I enjoyed it very much! I don't know what made me try it, (I'm not usually a coffee drinker) but I'm glad I did.

Sunday morning I got up way too early, once again, and we were eating breakfast by 7AM. We had no plans, except to pick up some snacks at the grocery store before boarding the ferry at 2PM. We ended up driving roads way up in the mountains that we had never even known existed until that day. I tried my second iced mocha, with coconut syrup this time, and we hit the grocery store.

We got home by 4:30 and our company was expected to show up at 7:00. I quickly put the first cake in the oven and started preparing the snacks. Thankfully, I found some vegetable trays at the grocery store so only had to make my shrimp dip and do some spot cleaning.

The family showed up right on time and Michael enjoyed his party. His mother seemed to enjoy herself too, which was a big relief to me.


Lucione was the party photographer so a lot of them came out dark because she wasn't using the flash. This is Michael with his youngest sister (The one I lovingly call Space Cadet aka Lucione and Lindsey's mother.) showing off her sweatshirt she personalized for her big brothers special day.


The cake was frosted by Lucione and Bryn and Theodore put on the sprinkles.


Mikayla could not wait for her cake and ice cream. I don't know if it was because she was hungry or because I had given her permission to eat in the bedroom.

He got some new clothes and shoes and my cake was a hit. Couldn't have asked for more. ;o)

6 comments:

Aimee said...

Sounds just about perfect to me. :)

And I love all the pictures!

Connie Marie said...

I tried to count the candles... 22?

Kerri said...

Thanks, Aimee...Lucione is becoming quite the photographer. If she could just remember to use the flash, I could have shared a lot more.

Alutiiq Chahuk, I used a whole box...wasn't exactly his age, but I only had the one box. haha

Thanks, Akeskileut. He had a little help from Theodore. He wanted all of the little ones to help, but Craig and Mikayla were too slow getting there.

Jenny said...

The pics are perfect and I'm glad you had a good time in town. I don't usually drink coffee drinks but it seems I'm addicted lately... lol. Maybe it's a virus going around.

;-) Sounds like the party was a big hit with everyone.

Tee/Tracy said...

I love iced coffee!

Looks like you did a great job on the party! YAY! :)

steve said...

coffee and cake...

oohhhhhh yeahhhhh!!