Friday, July 29, 2005

Surprise!



Even though we were expecting him home at any minute, Michael still managed to surprise us! I had the front door open and the screen up because the house was stuffy so he didn't have to open the squeaky door.

I knew what time his plane was supposed to arrive so when it got to be that time, I started listening for a car to pull into the drive-way. I figured he'd catch a ride with my cousin. Turns out, they came on separate planes so my cousin was already home when Michael arrived. He walked home, instead.

I was in my bedroom trying not to stare at the clock and Lucione was playing games on the computer. I started hearing movement so I went to find her. I was afraid she was going to snack and ruin her dinner. I found her by the computer. I didn't even make it into the living room. I watched her play her game and happened to glance towards the hallway. I saw a shadow.

*gasp* "Lucione!"

"What's the matter?"

I stepped into the hallway and there he was. I had never been so happy to see him. Even Lucione jumped out of her chair. She showed off her stitched-up lip and told him the story of how it happened. Then we had our dinner and took a drive. Some of our roads were paved while he was gone and he wanted to check them out.

We had a very nice time and I tried not to think about how short his stay will be and the fact that he will miss our 7th of August celebration.

He immediately took over the household chores. He wouldn't let me fold the clothes or wash the dishes, even when I said I'd use the dishwasher. We slept late today and right now he's cooking breakfast.

I don't know what today holds for us, but I'm going to do my best to make the most of it. Happy Friday to you all. :o)

5 comments:

Lois Lane said...

I am so happy for you two crazy kids! I'm glad Lucione is happy to show off her injury, that means she feels beeter. :)
Enjoy your time together, we'll be here when you get back.
Lois Lane

Sandy said...

Oh, reunions are good, so very good! So if there is one bonus coming out of this, it is the great reunions with each other!

Jenny said...

YAY! I love homecomings, drives, and no dishes. Lucky you. I hope your hearts are filled with enough gladness during this reunion to last until the next one.

*hugs*

Tee/Tracy said...

Beautiful, colorful flowers and I'm sure you're enjoying your sweet reunion :)

Fizzy said...

I am excited for you that he is home. I am so glad enjoy your time together. Love the flower piccy too