Saturday, July 16, 2005

Finally! Some Alone Time

This is the first time my house has been empty since Michael left. I had Lucione first. She returned from camping and stayed here an extra night. Her mother came and asked her if she was ready to come home. She said, "I'm fine here." So she stayed an extra night.

Lucione moved out and Lindsey asked to spend the night. She was here until late afternoon when she left for a birthday party.

I'm on my own tonight. But only for tonight. Tomorrow Theodore moves in and Lucione comes back.

**********************************

Michael is getting used to his new surroundings. He's never been so thankful for air conditioning. When it reaches 70 degrees here, its hot. He's getting temps over 100 degrees.

He's been driving trying to learn his way around and get used to driving on the highways. He's admitted to getting lost but he always manages to end up where he needs to be. Especially with Rick, who's been down there since July 5th, in the car. They got sent to Home Depot yesterday and it took them 3 hours because they got lost. haha They got back to work just in time to take a lunch break.

They start the main job on Monday. Right now they're getting supplies ready to send up here for a project that has to be done in August. It doesn't sound like they're going to let them work at home so after their short stay in Santa Maria, it's back to Fresno.

*************************************

The rain has finally stopped long enough to let the sun shine through. We had a nice warm day with hardly any wind and mostly blue skies. I even took a walk this afternoon. I doubt I'll be using the truck while Michael's gone. It's not the same alone. Besides, I don't like paying for the gas. Paying $60 to $80 everytime I visit the pump got old really fast.

*************************************

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I'm alive...doing well...just been busy with kids. It's good, in a way, because it's kept me busy. I'll blog when I can.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh friend, you are such a strong and brave soul. God has blessed you with a love you two know will stay, and kiddies to keep you busy. Bless you and Michael both as you adjust to new routines.

Aimee said...

Well don't forget to start the truck every week or so just for a few minutes. Otherwise something happens. Gaa--I don't remember what, I'm a total girl about automotive stuff. But I remember that something not-so-good happens.

Hee hee hee. Man, this comment makes me sound like a completely vapid bimbo. Hahahah!

Fizzy said...

Oo I hope you are ok. You seem to be busy. Very busy. I hope this continues. Look after yourself.

Lois Lane said...

How did your first weekend go sweetie? I hope you are doing well.
Lois Lane