Sunday, July 10, 2005

Scrumptious Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake!

I'd say "Lucione and I" baked a cheesecake today, but all I did was tell her what to do. She actually "made" it. It turned out sooo good! She wasn't about to leave the house without dessert so I had to cut it while it was still a bit warm, but oh my goodness it was delicious!

************************

Michael fried up some halibut cheeks for dinner. I made a pitcher of Kool-Aid to drink. It was a packet of invisible watermelon-kiwi. I stood at the sink with the water running and Lucione didn't pay attention to what I was doing.

I poured her a glass and brought it to the table. She asked, "What is this? Water?" She was surprised because I normally let her have juice or soda with her meals. I told her to taste it and she asked if it was Fruit 2-O. I told her I poured it out of a pitcher. I would not fill a pitcher with flavored bottled water.

"Where did the water come from, then?"

I told her, "It came from the sink."

"Nuh uh. Is it one of those big bottles of sparlking water?"

So then I ask, "Do you see sparkles in the water? I promise you, the water in that pitcher came from the sink!"

I didn't say the "flavor" came from the sink...just the water! She went to the sink, put her finger under running water and put her finger in her mouth.

"Aunty Kerri, the water in the sink just tastes like water. Where did you get your water?"

"I'm serious. I got the water from the sink. Honest."

If she had only asked the right question, I could have told her that it was invisible Kool-Aid. But she didn't ask where the flavor came from...she kept asking where I got the water.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

hehehe I love playing like that!!!

Have a great day tomorrow~!

Sandy said...

ohhh, you're a cruel aunty!! haha! Great trick to play!

Connie Marie said...

Invisible Kool-aid??? That sounds great for saving the carpets from grandkids! ... or nieces I guess.

Lois Lane said...

Too funny! Now you need to pour some of that magic flavor into your ice cube trays so she can get her own ice water and wonder how the magic flavor came along again. Kids are so gullible. :)
Lois Lane

Aimee said...

INvisible Kool-Aid. What a trip! I buy Kool-Aid not to drink but to use as dye. Seriously!

But I'm lovin' Lois' idea--she's a genius.