Saturday, July 09, 2005

Lucione Moves in Today

Space Cadet and her husband are taking Lindsey fishing...for a week. So Lucione is moving in with me. She'll be here for about 3 nights and then the Boys and Girls Club will take her camping for 3 nights. I'll have her for another night or 2 and then she'll move back home. I think.

Their original plan was to switch the girls off every week. But Lucione doesn't want a turn. I don't know how often they'll open fishing so I'm not sure how much time she'll be spending at my house.

I already bought ingredients so we can bake. I stocked the freezer with sherbet because she refuses to eat ice cream. I bought her favorite cereal (Fruity Pebbles, haha) and some "numbers" (The little gummy fruit snacks that come in the shape of every character imaginable. When the first grandchild in the family was born, the snacks only came in numbers and letters. Since then, they've been called "numbers".)

Depending on when she decides to show up, we may bake tonight. I've been craving cheese cake. We'll be making Raspberry Swirl.

We actually got a break from the rain today. That meant Michael got the entire day off. A nice change of pace. Hopefully, he'll get tomorrow off, too. This waiting game is getting to be too much for me. I don't especially like the idea of him working from home but this not knowing is driving me nuts. At least if I knew, I'd be able to come to terms with it.

Ah well, I hope you all are having a good weekend.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

"numbers"

I love little family things like this. Like that my cousin was 2 when she called Pizza "peetsy-cakes" and that's many family members still call it even though Ashton is now 20!

Aimee said...

I think all families have words like that. Meatloaf will forever be MeefBoat in our house, red grapes are "bops", and broccoli is broppi. Kids are so great.

Have a wonderful time with L!

Hugs.