Saturday, August 21, 2004

ABC's of Home

A is for Alaska, the state I call my home
B is for the beach I walk when I want to be alone
C is for the clams we use in fritters and in soup
D is for the native dance performed by many groups
E is for the eagle who sits high atop the tree
F is for those I hold dear – my friends and family
G is for my favorite color – almost any shade of green
H is for the always green, drooping Hemlock tree
I is for this island - there’s no place I’d rather be
J is for the job I love – the perfect job for me
K is for the kippered fish we put up every year
L is for the many lakes with water crisp and clear
M is for majestic mountains visible all around
N is for the native art seen throughout the town
O is for the ocean that surrounds our island home
P is for the beach front property I’m so proud to own
Q is for the Quonset huts left behind from World War II
R is for the rain that falls the whole winter through
S is for the salmon that are jumping in the bay
T is for the totem poles I walk by everyday
U is for the unbelievable sunsets often viewed
V is for the venison – roasted, jarred, or stewed
W is for winter – my favorite time of year
X is for the eXceptional scenery that’s so abundant here
Y is for my Yaya – the hero of my life
Z is for my Ziish – who was my Yaya’s wife

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Thank you so much for visiting, Anderson. I appreciate you taking the time to read and leave such a flattering comment.