Friday, December 23, 2005

And So It Begins

The holiday rush, I mean. We had a nice 2 night get-away in Town and now we're right back in the hustle and bustle that is Christmas in our small little community.

The thing I love about Christmas around here, is everyone knows each other. Everywhere you turn there is someone ready with a hug and warm wishes.

The thing I hate about Christmas around here, is everyone knows each other. It's hard to know when to stop shopping or baking! I'm always afraid of leaving someone out.

We've already got gifts under the tree and our first plate of goodies was just delivered. Michael's cousin makes really fancy looking plates. If there's a Christmas list I would choose to be on, it would be hers. She makes the best little cheese-cake tarts, pumpkin rolls, and so many more yummy treats. Hers is the only plate we don't leave out in the open because if we do, everyone who stops by eats it. haha We're not normally selfish, these treats are THAT good.

I've got fudge to cut up and cookies to plate and wrap. Then we can do some last minute wrapping and we'll be ready. Our little trip to Town slowed us down a bit, but I'll not complain.

It was nice to have time with just the two of us before the mad rush. We caught a couple movies (Narnia and Kong...the only 2 playing), cruised around and looked at the gorgeous Christmas light displays, and just enjoyed each other.

I have a cold, but I'm thinking it may pass quickly. I'm already coughing and haven't had a fever, so should be better soon. *crossing fingers*

I'm going to get my cookie plates ready. If I don't have time to come back before Christmas, I wish all of you a happy and blessed Christmas. May your holiday be filled with love, joy, and plenty of good food! :o)

4 comments:

Fizzy said...

Have A Merry Christmas
Have a wonderful time. Enjoy this time with your Husband too.

Kate said...

I hope that you feel better soon. Have a very merry Christmas and a very happy New Year!!

Aimee said...

Merry Christmas Hon. I was popping by to wish you well, but ended up remembering--I forgot to make the fudge for tomorrow. YIKES! Hahahaha!

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas, dear friend. Wishing you a most relaxed and lovely Christmas holiday snuggled in with your darling and tons of family and friends.

*hugs*