Monday, December 26, 2005

Holiday Wrap-Up

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas. Michael and I had a wonderful holiday.

I got a bit worried in Christmas Eve because after tagging the bread and cookies, I started to feel warm. I took me temperature and it was at 100.3 degrees. I thought for sure my Christmas would be ruined. I didn't tell Michael because he would have pumped me full of medicine and I would have slept till New Years Eve. Instead, I quietly snuck off to the bedroom and nodded off. For 2 hours. I hate taking naps because I always wake up feeling more tired than before I slept. But this time was different. I must have needed it because I felt better and my temperature went down to 98.8 degrees.

By then it was time for dinner at my in-laws. We were the last to arrive but were just in time to eat. Perfect timing, I must say. :o) My mother-in-law was commenting on how quiet things were now that her grandkids were grown up. Her great-grandkids are not as rambunctious as their parents were; at least not until provoked. I took my mother's comment as my cue to do a little "provoking" haha!

Craig and Mikayla are the 2 youngest. They're normally very well behaved and know when it's time to be quiet. They thought this was one of those times but I made sure they changed their minds rather quickly. Every time Craig walked by me, I'd reach out and tickle him. He finally caught on and started just walking back and forth saying, "Please, don't tickle me!" Which, of course, means he wants to be tickled and as his aunt, I couldn't ignore him. hehe Then his Uncle Mike got ahold of him and started tickling him. So he started yelling at me, "Please, don't help!" So I helped. We got him all riled up and moved on to his sister Mikayla.

She likes to be tickled, too. But not as much as she likes to be thrown up in the air. I wish I had a camera to get her face. She looks terrified when it feels like she's been let go, but she squeals and laughs and demands, "Again! Again!"

Once the kids were all wound up, I said, "Well, my job here is done. Ready to go, Michael?"

We took Lindsey, Lucione, and Stephanie Dawn with us. They were my elves. We told them who got bread or cookies or both and they delivered. Poor Stephanie Dawn came here with no shoes. She lives in Town and was wearing slippers when her mother rushed her out of the house to catch a ferry over here. She went all week with no shoes because both of her parents, who came on different days, forgot to bring her some. I don't know why, but I didn't think to bring her to our clothing to buy her some new shoes until AFTER she had delivered all my gifts. We did find her some she liked, though, and she was extremely happy and couldn't wait to go back to Gigi's and Yaya's to show them off.

Once our deliveries were made, we cruised around and watched everyone else trying to rush and finish. It wasn't even 9PM yet. We were done a lot earlier than usual. We always save Michael's parents for last so we can say goodnight before they go to bed. We had planned on going over there around 10:30 but my mom and sister called. They open their gifts on Christmas Eve and called to thank us. Then they turned on the karaoke machine and took turns singing to us. It was almost Midnight before I finally was able to hang up the phone.

We sat and visited with Michael's dad until about 1AM and came home to get ready for bed. I was already in bed when I heard a knock at the door. Our last gift was delivered to us at 1:30 AM!

We slept until about 9AM and then opened our gifts. I gave Michael a satellite radio and some Cheech and Chong movies he likes. He gave me a DVD player for the truck and a stereo. I also got some Eeyore sheets, a Mickey sweatshirt, a Lexor collectible Mickey, and a Mickey Monopoly game. I don't even know how to play Monopoly, but it's cool that it's Mickey. :o)

After we opened our gifts, Lucione and Lindsey came by. They always have a present or two under my tree to open. I gave them games and little digital cameras. They hung out with me for a while and then went on their way to find their friends. It was gorgeous day with clear blue skies and a slight chill in the air.

Michael cooked prime rib for dinner. It was too much for us to eat so we had steak and eggs for breakfast today. We had crab cakes for lunch and will be going to my dad's house for a salmon dinner.

I can't think of anything else right now. If I remember anything else, I guess it will have to be part of another post. I'm too stuffed to think and still have dinner at my dad's to look forward to.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounda like so much fun, and busyness!

**hugs**

So glad that Michael was with you for all of the fun. What joy you must have with him home right now.

Tee/Tracy said...

That sounds like so much fun - but it made me tired! LOL.

Is it a tradition in your community to hand deliver gifts on Christmas eve?

k8 said...

wow that sounds like fun. i wish we didn't live so far away so's i could get some bread too!