Saturday, December 10, 2005

My Favorite Twins

These two little angels belong to my niece Erin. That's Hope on the right and Sabrina on the left. They were the first set of girl/girl twins in our family (besides these twins, our family has 2 sets of boy/boy twins and 1 set of girl/boy twins).

If you remember my post back in September about my Mouse, Mouse and Erin are sisters. Erin has been living in Dutch Harbor for a couple years and I miss her and her girls terribly. Looking at that picture reminds me of when Erin and Mouse were that age. They used to love to model and lip sync to their favorite songs.

During the summer, it would take ages to get them into their pool because they'd strut around modeling their bathing suits. They were such big hams and it looks like Hope and Sabrina are, too.

They look like they'd be so much fun to spend time with. They were still little babies when they left. I was their babysitter, just as I was their mother's. I was one of the few who could tell them apart. Distinguising the difference between twins was never a problem for me. Once I figure out what's different, they no longer look the same to me.

Lucione and Lindsey used to like to help me take care of them and the babies liked them, too. They each had their favorite. Sabrina would just laugh and laugh when Lindsey played with her. Hope cried every time Lucione left the room.

Last year, Erin was in town for a couple days and decided to throw an early birthday party for her girls to get the family together. It happened to be on my birthday so I got to celebrate with them. That was a lot of fun. Especially sneaking them hershey bars behind their mother's back. hehe They were the huge bars. I didn't buy them for them, but kept breaking pieces off for them to eat because they were heartbroken when their mother let them have a bite and then took them away.

This time of year I find myself getting quite lonesome for those who can't be home for Christmas. I cling to my memories and am so thankful for telephones, computers, and the postal service.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my word! What cute babies! It is too bad that you can't see them more often, but wonderful that you can keep up with their lives.

Bless you and have a wonderful Sunday. I pray that time goes quickly until Michael is home again, and then very slowly until it's time for him to leave.

**hugs**

Kerri said...

Cute just runs in the family, I guess! hehe

Thanks, Jayleigh. Monday through Thursday can fly by, but I need to bake Friday through Monday so I hope next weekend doesn't pass too quickly! Our 2 weeks together better crawl. hehe

I hope that you and Rob have a wonderful Christmas holiday!

Kerri said...

haha, my word verification was byehytu Looks like "Bye. Hi, too." hehe

It's after Midnight, I'm tired so everything's funny to me right now. :o)

Connie Marie said...

They are very cute! I know all about cute, little show-offs!

Sandy said...

awwww, I love twins! They are so adorable. You have a large family, huh? Lucky you keep in touch with all of them.

Fizzy said...

Keeping families together is probably the best thing about PCs and phones.
Your nieces are adorable and I can understand how you must miss them and thier Mum at this time.
look after yourself.