Friday, December 30, 2005

A New Year Already?!

Sheesh! Where has the time gone? Tomorrow's New Year's Eve already. That is so hard to believe.

Do you make New Year's Resolutions? I don't. I'm too hard on myself when I don't follow through. There are things I want to change and do differently, but the end of the calendar year has nothing to do with that.

I just recently became reconnected to one of my classmates from childhood. She's having a tough time as of late and on top of all the other things she's dealing with, her doctor is concerned she may have cervical cancer. She reached out to me and for that I'm grateful, but I feel so helpless. All I can do is pray and I ask that you do the same if it is in you to do so.

Our high school basketball teams are in Town participating in a tournament. The boys lost their first 2 games but won their third by almost 20 points. They took 7th place out of 8 teams but at least they ended with a win. The girls lost their first game but won the next 2. They took 4th. I was beaming with pride listening last night because the radio announcer had so many good things to say about Alexys. "I can't believe #34 is only a freshman. She's playing like a veteran." She scored 10 points in the 2nd quarter to help pull her team ahead by 12. She didn't score in the 2nd half, but was able to keep the other team's top shooter (who had 17 points up to that point) scoreless. They played a bigger school with more depth to their bench and they won by 10 points!

Michael's only home for 3 more days after today. I apologize for not posting, but I've been trying to enjoy him while he's here. I've had a cold and a sore back but he's taken care of me and I'm as good as ever now. :o) We have been enjoying the sattelite radio I gave him for Christmas, watching movies, and just spending as much time together as possible. I have a feeling that I'm going to take his leaving pretty hard this time because we've settled into a routine over the past couple weeks and I'm going to have to readjust all over again to being alone.

But that's not till Tuesday. Right now it's lunch time and we're having left-over Chop Suey. I'm not going to think about Tuesday until I have to.

5 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

Are you kidding me?! Don't apologize for not blogging when you're spending time with Michael! LOL. Spend every minute you can with him. We wait here for you :)

I'll say a prayer for your, friend. Your right, it's kind of a helpless feeling - but I'm sure she appreciates you just being there.

I don't have any resolutions at the moment either. I'm not a resolution kind of person because I end up breaking them anyhow. LOL.

Have a Happy New Year, Kerri!

Love and hugs!

Jenny said...

Just enjoy the rest of your time together. Don't worry about us, really!

**hugs**

Happy New Year, dear friend!

Connie Marie said...

I know what you mean about adjusting after such a good time with the working away from home hubby.

I am glad you feel better, and reading about Alexys and basketball was fun. Watching games with kids you know is fun and when they are close to you, it's so exciting.

I don't make resolutions either.

Lois Lane said...

Don't be sorry. Enjoy your time with the mister while you can. We'll be here when you come back. :)
I don't make resolutions either.
Happy New Year!
Lois Lane

Fizzy said...

Happy Ne Year Kerri, I will think about your friend but I am also thinking about you today. Please look after yourself and if you want a shoulder you know where I am - e-mail only though now I am sorry.
Look after yourself