Wednesday, December 14, 2005

At Least It's Wednesday

Sheesh! What a crazy, bizarre start to my day!

Michael has me turn the hot water heater off when I'm not using it so save on electricy. I get up every morning at 5AM and turn it on so that I will have plenty of hot water in plenty of time to shower for work. I have an alarm set for 6AM that ALWAYS wakes me up should I fall back to sleep after turning on the water.

Have you figured out where this is going?

It was chilly in here this morning so after turning on the water, I got back under my cozy blankets to warm up. It didn't feel like I was laying there very long so when I opened my eyes once again, I went straight to the shower.

I hadn't looked at the clock so I was thinking it was somewhere near 6:00 because I hadn't heard my alarm come on yet. I took my time in the shower and got dressed. I walked out of the bathroom and heard the phone ringing.

"Who would call this early?" I thought to mysef. I pick up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi, good morning." It was Space Cadet. I got panicky because yesterday my father-in-law was brought to the clinic with chest pains. I figured the only reason she'd call me this early (in my head it's still around 6:00) was if something bad happened. "How are you?" she asked.

Then I really got confused. Nothing's wrong with Dad...why is she calling so early and acting so non-chalant? "I'm good," I said.

"Oh, ummm...did ya sleep in?"

Then I looked at the clock. 8:11AM. 8:11!!!

"Yeah, I guess so." Then my mind went totally blank. "I can't remember when my first class is. Is today Wednesday?"

She said, "Yes, it is. You have 5th grade at 10:00."

"Okay, I'll be there before then. I'm sorry." I was SO embarrassed!

"That's okay, there's a first time for everything!"

"Yeah, I guess so." I said goodbye and hung up.

I have never over-slept for work before. In all the years I've worked there, if I'm not going to be at work, I always let them know ahead of time. If I wake up feeling sick, I always call by 7:00. I cannot believe I did this. I took cold medicine last night because I had been sneezing all day. I figured it would be okay because I hadn't reacted too poorly to medicine lately and it wasn't Nyquil. I can only assume the medicine played a part in my sleeping so hard. I must have slept through my alarm. I checked it and it was set.

I can't change the fact that I slept in. I'll have to live with the embarrassment. But as far as work goes, at least it's a Wednesday. My only day of the week that I don't have a computer class until 10:00.

Sheesh.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh myyyy! Well good thing you didn't HAVE to be there until 10.

**hugs**

Hope the rest of the day is good for you, sweetie!

Kate said...

At least you got some good sleep! :-)

Fizzy said...

Morning, at least you got some really good sleep and it is end of term and nearly the school holidays.

I have mentioned you today in my post. Your Card arrived a big thank you

Fizzy said...

how do you get you blogroll to write "newpost" everytme some one publishes a new one?

Kerri said...

Akeskileut, my boss found it quite funny, too! I'm so lucky he has a sense of humor. I didn't get reprimanded, I got teased!

Yes, Jayleigh, that was a good thing. Of all the days I could have picked to sleep in, Wednesday is the best choice. haha

True, Kate. hehe

Fizzy, I'm glad you received your card. I was hoping I hadn't sent it too late. I had no idea how long it would take. :o)

Tee/Tracy said...

LOL - Just be happy this is such a rare event you could write about it. I sleep over nearly every day. :D