Monday, March 07, 2005

I'm So Mad I Could...

Actually, I can't even speak, forget doing anything else!

I collect Disney things. One of my first Disney collections was snow globes. I had the Christmas ones all together on a shelf in my bedroom.

Today after I arrived home from work, for some reason I'll never understand, Michael decided he needed to put his huge jar of red licorice on the same shelf. Not just on the shelf...on the front edge.

The shelf is full of snow globes. Snow globes are heavy. Why on God's green earth would you think putting another heavy object on the unsupported edge was a good idea?!

Hundreds of dollars worth of unreplacable Disney Christmas snow globes are now destroyed. There's no way I could find these even if I had the good fortune to live near a Disney store. They were all more than 10 years old.

I heard the crash, went to make sure he was okay, and just had to walk out of the room. I knew if I stayed in there I'd either cry or scream and I didn't want to do either.

After a few minutes, I went and asked him what happened. "It just gave way," he said, "I tried to catch it."

I said, "What were you doing? What made it give way? How'd your licorice get all wet?"

"It was up there."

That's when I got REALLY angry. Lucione is here doing her homework. She loves licorice. He was feeling greedy so decided to put it up where she couldn't reach it. Never mind the fact that it was already in the bedroom where she couldn't see it. Forget about the fact that she doesn't even know the licorice is there. Let's put a heavy jar of licorice up on a shelf already full of heavy objects. What a bright idea!

Now the shelf, the snow globes, AND the licorice are ruined.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh Kerri, Sweetie. I cannot begin to know your frustration right now.

Take some deep breaths and know I'm praying for you.

**hugs**