Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I've Got Some Catching Up to Do

I'm so sorry I've been slackin'. I guess I've got some catching up to do.

Let me start with my dad's homecoming. We went over to town on the ferry to pick him up. He looked so relieved to be home, even if only part way there. We stopped at Wal-Mart because my dad needed some Icy-Hot patches for his sore knee. Then we went to lunch. My dad told us all about his stay in the hospital. He told us how he unplugged his portable EKG in order to take a shower and put the hospital staff in a panic because they thought he died. He told us how he'd hold his breath to make little boxes on his monitor as a way to entertain my niece who had gone to visit him. This also brought the nurses running. They thought he was having trouble breathing.

That's my dad for ya. He always has his sense of humor. Here he was, confined to a bed, needles and wires everywhere, and he still found a way to smile.

It was so nice to have him all to myself for a few hours. I almost hated to get out of the car when we finally got back to our island.

******************************************

Easter Sunday was miserable. Not because of mother-in-law induced guilt like I had anticipated, though. I got a terrible cold over the weekend. I went to my church because it's closer to my home. I skipped out on dinner because I didn't think they'd appreciate me coughing and sneezing all over them.

******************************************

I'm still coughing, and stayed home today because I couldn't find my voice this morning. I went back to bed and slept all day. Not just a long nap. ALL day long. I didn't get up until after 5PM. Now it's almost 10PM. I should be getting ready to go back to bed, but I'm wide awake. Great. I feel a little better, though, so I guess that's the good news.

******************************************

I'm sure there was more I was supposed to post about but I can't remember right now. I hate it when that happens. But oh, well. Good night. :o)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry about your cold, I hope both of us feel better soon. :-)

Kerri said...

Thanks, Kate. I feel better today. But my husband conveniently forgot to wake me up for work this morning!
Get well soon, sweetie!