Monday, March 21, 2005

Mother Nature Has a Sense of Humor

After giving us about 2 weeks of nice Spring-like weather, I woke up to at least 2 inches of snow and it's still falling! Good grief...it's almost Easter. It should NOT be snowing! Sure, I know I live in Alaska, but it's Southeast Alaska...maritime climate...warmer temperatures...4 definite seasons. *sigh* I'll just have to be patient, I guess.

************************************

My dad should be in the O.R. as I type this...or where ever it is they do angioplasty. The doctors tell him he should be just fine afterwards. Other than the intial chest pain he had, he has no other symptoms and he's in good health, otherwise.

I've been instructed to go to work today and not worry about him. I'm also to come home for lunch and call to check up on him.

Even in Seattle, he's had phone calls and visitors. He said it made him feel good that people were thinking about him. I know exactly how he feels. I can't leave the house without someone asking how he's doing and telling me that they are praying for him.

I never really thought about it before, but it's nice to know so many people care. Especially in stressful situations like this.

*************************************

Time to go sweep the porch so I can head off to work. What a fun way to start the week!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Global Weirding... I tell ya. The wind up here is just stupid. It's like 7 degrees with the wind chill.

Jenny said...

Well how did the angioplasty go? I was praying for you (still am) but didn't post last night because of a headache.

Two days ago we had snow, yesterday it melted. We'll have more over the weekend and it will melt again. And the MUD MUD MUD..... glorious mud. ick

Have a wonderful day, Kerri.

**hugs**