Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Procedure Was Successful

My dad's procedure was successful. They found blockage in 3 different places. Two were close to 80% blocked and one was less than 20% blocked. The two that were the worst are now cleared and stints have been placed. The other will be treated with medication.

He has been released from the hospital with instructions to not lift anything heavy for a few days, take at least 2 weeks off of work and report to the hospital over in town for a check-up after the 2 weeks. They'll tell him then if he is cleared for a return to work or if he needs more time off.

They said after a couple days he should slowly resume his regular activities. As long as he takes care of himself he should be fine.

He sounded so relieved when I talked to him today. I called their cell phone and caught him at Denny's. I don't know if that would have been my first choice for his first meal outside the hospital, but it was the closest restaraunt to his hotel.

Anyway, we're all relieved that things went so well for him and I can't wait to see him. The flights home are booked for a couple days so I probably won't see him until Thursday. That's okay, though. At least I know he's okay! :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear your Dad is doing much better. hugs!!