Friday, November 04, 2005

He Comes Bearing Gifts

Well, Michael made it home safely last night around 7:45. Lucione and I were watching a movie and he just waltzed right in the door. I don’t know why it surprised us. We knew he was going to be in last night. But the door opened and we both gasped. Then when we saw him it was a race to be the first to get a hug. I won. :o)

Lucione was very excited. He brought home new basketballs. He can’t seem to travel without buying something for her and her sister. He’s spoiling them.

Not that I have room to talk. He spoils me, too. This time I got a bunch of movies and Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0. He actually took his boss to the store with him and asked him to help him pick out some photo editing software. I have to say, his boss made an excellent choice. I’ve wanted Photoshop in some form for a while now but didn’t dare mention it to Michael because I knew it was expensive. Michael thinks that if I say I want something or wish I could have something, I’m asking him to get it. I have to be careful what I wish for.

I also got another inflatable figure. This one is for Christmas and there is no way it will fit indoors. Hopefully, come Christmas time, we won’t have high winds. Otherwise I won’t be able to use it. It’s 8 ft. long. It will not fit in my house.

After Michael ate his dinner (which I managed to cook in the oven without burning myself) we went for a drive. Lucione didn’t come with us because she was glued to the TV watching Herbie Fully Loaded, one of the movies Michael brought home for me. I tried to talk him into letting me stay home today to help him clean the house (we have company coming on Saturday and even though the house isn’t in terrible shape, I wanted it to be “extra” clean) but he insisted he could do it alone. He said he wants to be able to cook me lunch. I offered to sleep in till lunch time. That just made him laugh. :o)

So here I am at work, feeling guilty that I’m not at home cleaning. Now I’m afraid I won’t be able to find anything when he goes back to work. He cleans so well, only he knows where things are.

Once while we were visiting my mom, he cleaned and organized her garage. Months later, when she couldn’t find something, she called and asked Michael. He was able to tell her exactly where the box was that held what she was looking for. Not just a guess, either. He told her which box on which shelf. I don’t know how he does it.

Tonight he’s going to make homemade pizza for dinner. He doesn’t let me do a whole lot when he’s home. That’s okay, though. I won’t complain. I’d be crazy to. I’m just going to enjoy this weekend as much as I can.

6 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

I love the sweet romance between you two. What a nice couple :)

What kind of inflatable thing do you have now? you didn't say what it is!

Have fun with Photoshop and remember to show us some of your cool creations!

Michael sounds like such a great guy - cooking, cleaning, gifts, kindness... No wonder you miss him when he's gone! :)

Have a great time together. {{HUG}}

Jenny said...

I agree with Tee... tell us what the new figure is!!!

You made me laugh with your comment about sleeping until noon. And thanks a lot, because it still hurts to laugh. :-)

Elements is a great program. I find it much more fun to play with for home use than regular photo shop (which I use for work) because there are all kinds of frames and filters and rockin stuff.

I also like the quick fixes... even though they don't do as good a job as regular photo shop when you do it manually, it's still a TON better.

Have the most wonderful of weekends, my dear!

***hugs***

Kerri said...

Okay, ladies, I'll tell you what the inflatable is when I find out. I wrote this post at work this morning and coudln't remember "exactly" what it was. I do know it's Winnie the Pooh and I think Tigger...in a sleigh. But purposely left that out in case I was wrong. I'm home now, but Michael just gave Lucione a ride home and, as I mentioned earlier, he's been cleaning all day so I don't know where it is!

Tee, he is a wonderful guy. I wish every woman could have a man as wonderful as mine. I feel so lucky and blessed. :o)

Jayleigh, I'm glad to hear it's a good program. Not having worked with a lot of photo software, I don't really know what to expect. I just knew that the Photoshop family was popular. If I have any questions, I know who to ask. ;o)

Lois Lane said...

Welcome home Michael! I'm glad you guys are having good quality time, and bonus, he likes doing stuff around the house. :)
Have fun kids!
Lois Lane

Sandy said...

You get gifts everytime he comes home? Wow!
and PHOTOSHOP?! you lucky girl!
How was the Herbie movie?

Kerri said...

We did, Akeskileut, thank you. :o)

Lois, he really is quite the find!

Yes, Sandy, I usually get gifts every time. I've tried to tell him to stop shopping for me. I really have!

I haven't watched the Herbie movie yet. We left Lucione home alone to watch it. I did see it in the theaters, though, and remember enjoying it.