Monday, November 07, 2005

My Weekend

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was pretty good, for the most part. There are some things going on in my family that concern the house I’m living in. I don’t want to go into details just yet. I’ll wait till I have more details and know what’s really going on.

Having Michael home was so nice. Not just because he spoils me! His visits are always so short. This time, he’ll be gone for 15 days. He comes back on the 21st for Thanksgiving and will get to stay home until the 28th. We’re really looking forward to that.

Space Cadet ended up staying over in Town an extra night so we had Lucione most of the weekend. It wasn’t so bad, though, because she’s pretty independent so it’s not like we had to drag her with us everywhere we went. In fact, when given the choice, she opted to stay home. She went back to her home on Saturday after supper so we had all of Sunday to ourselves.

Saturday night we went for a drive later than usual. While we were out, the rain turned to sleet and then into a really wet snow. There was about an inch of slushy snow covering everything by the time we got home. Most of it had melted by Sunday morning, but the mountains are gorgeous. I love the way they look in the winter with all that fresh, white snow.

Today, we’re back to our rain so whatever’s left of the snow, will be gone soon. It’s gusting around 31mph so I didn’t think Michael and Rick would make it out. They did, but their jet hasn’t even reached the airport yet because it is delayed up in Juneau so who knows if they’re going to make it back to Santa Maria tonight or not. Hopefully, the plane won’t be terribly late and the jet out of Seattle will delay long enough to wait for them.

We tried to do most of our shopping for Thanksgiving this weekend. Obviously, I didn’t buy the produce, but we bought the turkey, cranberries, canned pumpkin, and stuffing. The less I have to do on my own, the better since I tend to walk everywhere. I wanted to get most of it done because I’m counting on our usual Thanksgiving storm to wreak havoc on Michael’s travel plans. But then again, we don’t usually get snow until after Thanksgiving so I really don’t know what to expect.

Here at work, we have to get our TB and flu shots today. I’m hoping for a different nurse than last year because I don’t feel like bleeding for hours afterwards again. For such a tiny needle, the TB shot causes some big bruises on my arm. I don’t mind needles, though. I’ve seen enough of them in my lifetime that they don’t even phase me anymore.

Monday morning is actually my busiest all week and it’s taken me over an hour to finish this post. I’m not even sure if it makes sense and I’m not going to take the time to read over it. I’ve got 2nd grade now and they’re a little wired so I need to deal with them.

Happy Monday to all of you!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

It sounds like you had a nice, busy, fun packed weekend with your sweetheart.

It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is JUST around the corner. I cannot wait for pumpkin pie!

YEAHHHHH!!!

Tee/Tracy said...

Awh, so he's off again, huh?

I'm not too stressed about Thanksgiving. We're eating at Mom's house. Ha. So she's stressed. LOL.

Does your town do anything special this month? (I know the history of the holiday, not real joyous.)

Kerri said...

I know, Jayleigh! I can't believe it, either. But we're prepared. :o) I love pumpkin pie! I've never made a real pumpkin pie with a real pumpkin, though. We did have a nice weekend. I can't wait until he can stay home for good.

Tee, I'm not stressed, either. But I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner. It's normally just the two of us and sometimes we have one or both of the girls. We don't usually do anything as a town for Thanksgiving. We all celebrate it...with huge feasts and all...but normally just with our families.

Kate said...

I see you don't want comments on your most resent entry, but I'm going to comment anyhow :-)

You need a vaction. :-) You should go to Australia! I'll be there in Brisbane soon enough and I could show you around. It'd be fun.

You just need a break or a change. And as amazing as you are I'm sure you realize that there are a lot of things that are really good in your life still too.

Kerri, never lose hope. You should watch the Dreamworks film "Prince of Egypt." That's a good film. "There can be miracles when you believe..."

*HUGS* and lots of them.

Connie Marie said...

I tried and tried to post to your new post.

All I have to say to you about that is

thrplgew!

Sandy said...

I can't comment on your top post!!
I just wanted to give you a huggggggg. I am so sorry you are feeling that way Kerri. I hope it was just a passing feeling. If not, then I hope there's a way to resolve your problems. ZDo you feel a need to move away? Be closer to your husband's work? But what about all the family there???

Tee/Tracy said...

For some reason I can't open your latest post so had to come back here to comment. I just wanted to give you a big hug and let you know if you need to talk never hesitate to Email.

{{HUG}}