Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Personal Day


I took a Personal Day today. I got up, got ready for work, and decided not to go. My heart just wasn't in it today. I'm not sick or sad. I just wasn't motivated and rather than go to work and do a half-hearted job, I decided to stay home.

The weather today is beautiful. The skies are blue and the wind is calm. My only complaint is the temperature. It's 45 degrees and I'd much rather have it 15 to 20 degrees colder.


I finally got those birthdays straight. My step-mom's birthday is tomorrow...so the 14th is my cousin's birthday. Hopefully I'll remember next year because I hate forgetting. I've got some sort of mental block around these two dates for some reason and it irritates me. haha

Lucione is going on her first basketball trip of the year this weekend. I hope they do alright. They're going up to Petersburg. They'll be playing against bigger schools with tough competition but that's always the case for our kids. Even our high school competes with schools twice our size. It'll be a good experience for them, win or lose, but it would be nice if they could get a win or two in! :o)

Not being a soap opera or talk-show fan, I don't know what I'm going to do with the rest of my day, but I'll think of something. I hope all of you are having a good day.

4 comments:

Ven Taylor said...

So... you... actually like it colder? Yikes.
I can't stand it anything lower than 65 degrees.

Kerri said...

Yes, Ven. I LOVE cold weather!

Jenny said...

I usually agree with you, Kerri, but yesterday was misterable! It was dreary and awful and it snowed wet and heavy for HOURSSSSS!

I like it when it's just BITTER COLD but sunshiny. That's my favorite. Oh. And no wind. At all.

Good for you, taking the day off when your heart wasn't in it. It makes me happy that you are able to take the time.

BTW, have you been working with Elements? Because that picture is beyond fantastic!!

**hugs**

How many days until M is home?

Kerri said...

Jayleigh I agree. I would rather have it freezing cold than wet heavy snow. The colder the better, as far as I'm concerned. Except that I get shocked everytime I touch anything metal when it's a dry cold.

I'm doing much better today. But it will be a long day because my dad gave me a ride today and I got here 30 minutes too early.

And yes, that photo was edited with Elements. :o)

Oh, and Michael will be home in 5 or 6 days. I'm praying for 5. :o)