Monday, November 14, 2005

Ups and Downs

I think our one small window of opportunity for snow has come and gone. It started to fall this morning, but changed to rain rather quickly and there’s rain and more heavy winds in store for us tonight. So, at least for now, and the next week or so, it seems we won’t be getting any snow.

I hope that everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was uneventful. I stayed at home; cleaned house a bit, watched more TV than I normally do (and now remember why that is) and just tried to keep myself busy.

My cousin’s daughter is in the hospital in Anchorage. She has some sort of birthmark on her brain that has been bleeding and causing her massive headaches.  They are trying to decide whether or not to do surgery. Please keep her in your prayers.

Another cousin of mine became a grandmother yesterday. Her son and his girlfriend had a baby girl. She is 7lbs 7oz with strawberry blonde hair.

Yet another cousin of mine became a grandmother on Saturday but, sadly, her granddaughter died immediately following her birth. She was 10 days overdue, 13 lbs at birth, but didn’t make it. Prayers for that family would be appreciated, also.

Michael will be home in 8 or 9 days. He’ll make it as far as Ketchikan in 8 days and hopefully find a way to get home that night. It’s not a ferry day so we’ll have to find a boat. He’ll be home for 6 or 7 days. His longest visit yet!

By Thursday, he should be moving up north to Fresno. They’ve got one small project to finish before they pack up and start their drive. If they plan things right, they should be able to stop and see my mom on their way up. That will be good since she hasn’t seen either one of us in about 4 years. Come to think of it, it’s been about as long since she’s seen Rick.

Today is somebody’s birthday and it is killing me that I don’t remember whose. It’s either my cousin’s or my step-mom’s. Whoever doesn’t have a birthday today has one on Thursday. For some reason, I’ve never been able to keep these 2 straight. When I’m positive it’s one of them, I end up wrong. I’m normally pretty good at remembering dates so this really annoys me.

Okay, enough rambling out of me.

7 comments:

Kate said...

We love it when you ramble. :-)

Tee/Tracy said...

So many births - and some ending so sadly :(

I'm bad at remembering dates, too. Hate that.

Keep looking forward to that long visit. I know you must be so excited!

Jenny said...

**hugs**

Thanks for the update on your life, girlie!!

I have to go back to work tomorrow, so I'm catching up on everyone today. Take care!

Connie Marie said...

I have a couple of birthdays in September that I have trouble remembering. My father-in-law's and my brother-in-law's birthdays.

I sure hope that Michael does not miss his boat!

I am wondering if I would rather have your wind & rain or our c-c-c-ccccold temperatures!

How 'bout we just meet in Maui instead???

Kerri said...

Kate, that's good to hear because I tend to do a lot of it! :o)

I know, Tee...it was sad. I'm normally really good at remembering dates. Just ask me when akeskileut or Connie Marie have a birthday! hehe But DON'T ask me when my cousin's or step-mom's is.

You're welcome, Jayleigh. *BIG hugs* for you, too. I hope work goes well for you!

Connie, I'll gladly take your cold weather! Maui does sound good, though. I've been to Hawaii, but not to Maui.

Aimee said...

It bugs me that your husband comes to "visit". This is his home--he should be here. ((Sigh)) Sorry, I'm sure I'm not helping...

If you're still feeling disillusioned on the island, could you rent out your house and go be with him? I mean, if you have a renter to cover the mortgage, would you still have to bring in a paycheck? Sorry again--very personal questions which are none of my business. I've just been thinking of you two a lot lately and feeling upset over the situation.

Kerri said...

Thanks for caring, Aimee. I've been seriously considering leaving the island. Either that or talking Michael into staying home. We survived last winter on my paycheck alone and I know if we had to, we could do it again. Don't worry about personal questions. If you ask one I don't like, I'll just ignore you! ;o)