Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's A Blustery Day

My lungs hurt. I almost feel like I’m asthmatic or something.

No, I’m not sick. I walked to school. A whole 2 blocks away…but it’s extremely windy outside. The road I live on, acts like a wind tunnel. The wind whips down the street and makes it extremely difficult, even for someone like me, to walk up the little tiny hill. You just have to charge right up because if you dare to stop or even hesitate, the wind will catch you and send you backwards.

The fact that it was raining…cold, freezing rain…didn’t help matters any at all. When I got into the building, my body felt light. I couldn’t catch my breath for a minute and my back was tired.

It’s only October. We get these kinds of winds all fall and winter.

I do have good news, though. Michael just called me here at work. He said that the ferry on Thursday is delayed 2 hours so he’ll have time to go from the airport to the ferry and will be home by 8PM! Yay! No stressing about boats and weather!

I have to run off to science now.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

I have an idea! Open up an umbrella and let the wind fly you over to school!!
yay about Michael!

Jenny said...

Very cool you don't have to worry about getting him home. :-)

Stinky about the wind, though. I can handle any amount of bitter cold, but when you start putting rain and wind, I'm so not into it. BLEHHHH!

Kerri said...

Sandy, that is an excellent idea in theory. But I don't own an umbrella and the wind was blowing the wrong way. I'd have ended up at the beach!

Kerri said...

Sheesh...I sent my comment too soon!

NO, I am not trying to drive up my numbers! :op

Jayleigh, I am so happy that I don't have to stress about getting him home this time. I'm like you, I don't mind the cold at all, but this wind is something else. It was gusting 70 or better all day!

Akeskileut, you know how much I love the wind...and it's going to continue into the night. Yuck.

Lois Lane said...

Stay warm sweetpea. :) Good to hear Michael will be there soon.
Lois Lane

Connie Marie said...

Remember when we used to lift our coats over our heads and fall into the wind?

I hope it does not stay for days... I hope it all blows away!