Monday, October 17, 2005

Michael made it out this morning. I'm still waiting for him to call and let me know he's safely at his apartment. He was due in almost 2 hours ago, but he's a 30 minute drive from the airport and there's always a delay at LAX.

We had a very nice weekend together. I worked on Friday even though I didn't want to. I had to test (Which may have been a waste of time...more on that later.) so drug myself in.

Friday night we went for a drive and watched movies. Saturday morning, he woke me up at 6:00 and said that he was taking me to Town. I like to get groceries over there because they have a bigger variety of things and it's usually cheaper than over here. I was excited to have the chance to go.

We ended up spending a night over there. We didn't go to a movie, though. The theater only has 2 screens. He doesn't like horror movies so The Exorcism of Emily Rose was not an option. We weren't in the mood for Wallace and Gromit, either. We decided to go out to a nice dinner and then we just went back to the hotel and relaxed, enjoying each other's company.

We weren't supposed to come home until the 4:30 ferry, but I panicked because the weather had turned on us. We came home on the 10:30 ferry in case Michael had to turn around and go back on the 2:30 in order to make it out today. He decided he'd take a chance on the weather and I'm so glad he did.

It gave us another night together and the weather today was gorgeous.

When Michael first took this job, everyone told me not to worry. They said that every time he left home it would get easier. It hasn't, and I don't know that I want it to. I was as sad today as I was the first time he left back in July.

We've talked about it and he assures me that this is not a permanent situation. I assured him, that if it ever does become permanent, he better get rich quick because I won't stand for being left home all the time. He'll have to let me follow him wherever they send him. hehe

For now, I'm doing the best I can to deal with his absences. It's not as scary but it hasn't gotten any easier. I thank God everyday for whoever invented cell phones. If I couldn't call Michael everyday or had to pay for every call, I'd lose my mind and go broke in the process.

Speaking of which, I'm going to go and try to call him right now.

5 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

It breaks my heart how much you guys have to be apart. That must be so hard. {HUG}

What movies did you watch together? Videos or just what was on TV?

We have Direct TV and a new channel I just discovered called Current... It's supposed to be for young adults from their perspective about what is going on in the world. I watched a little film called "Goodbye Shishmaref" about a village in northern Alaska that is eroding away due to global warming.

Anyway - it reminded me of you. I found it really interesting and sad.

Lois Lane said...

reat big hugs to you. I hope it gets easier soon. For me, I want to say it was almost a year. I still have times where I get very upset but like you said, at least we have our cell phones.
Lois Lane

Sandy said...

I wish I had advice for you. I hate that you have to go through this again and again. (((hug)))
I'm glad you had a nice time in town together before he left, though
absence makes the heart grow fonder, huh

Jenny said...

***hugs***

I am so glad you had the chance to spend a weekend enjoying each other's company without distractions of other people being around.

Take care.

Kerri said...

Tee, we watched The Interpreter and The Wedding Date. I have Direct TV, too, I'll have to check out that channel. I noticed it, but haven't watched it yet.

Lois, thanks. Almost a year...yikes. I really hope this doesn't have to last much longer.

Sandy, that's what I hear...all it does to me is make me lonesome. hehe

Jayleigh, it was nice to be away from everyone. We really did enjoy ourselves. Thanks