Monday, October 03, 2005

Thank God For Kids

Well, after a rocky start, this has turned into a pretty good day. I was all ready to be in a bad mood because of these never-ending technical glitches. Then I had the 1st grade class.

One of the boys, August, came in and was smiling from ear to ear. He said, “We missed you!”

“You did?” I asked.

“Well, I know I did!” and he gave me a really big hug. He then asked, “Did you miss us?”

“I sure did!”

His smile couldn’t have gotten any bigger when he said, “Guys! She missed us!”

How can I be in a bad mood after that?

Every time I think things couldn’t get any worse, something like that happens and I’m reminded once again about why I love this job.

Having summers off helps, but it’s the kids. They’re so honest and innocent. They’re not afraid to show you they appreciate you. They say the cutest things and always manage to make me smile.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Kerri I'm so glad that you have those sweeties! Surely the tech-crud is the part buried underneath the ground and the little kids are the artistic stuff for you to see and enjoy.

*hugs*

Kerri said...

Jayleigh, I'm glad, too. Talk about my whole day doing a complete 180!

Stationery Queen, he was soo sweet. I'm still smiling from just thinking about it.

k8 said...

I haven't been absent yet but somehow I think Middle schoolers wouldnt be as sweet! :)

Darlene Schacht said...

The more time I spend with children, the more I have to write. They are a ray of sunshine on even the darkest of days. I came from Jayleighs site because I heard you were a pretty fantastic blogging chick.

Sandy said...

That was sweet. I love the pureness of emotion with kids, they will just tell you how they feel straight out, and obviously, you are loved!

Lois Lane said...

This is one of those big awwwww moments. Kids really rock!
Lois Lane

Kerri said...

akeskileut, it totally brightened my day!

k8, I wasn't even absent...it was just the first day after a weekend.

Darlene, I've managed to fool her for over a year, isn't that amazing? ;o)

Sandy, they are why I love my job!

Lois, they do...they totally rock. :o)