Monday, October 24, 2005

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

This rain just will not go away! It storms all night and morning. It will calm down usually around 3PM only to start up again in the evening. We’ve had storm after storm for days and days.

I actually called my step-mom for a ride today because, even though I’m 2 blocks from work, I didn’t feel like fighting the wind and rain. I don’t usually ask for rides, but I’m glad I did this time.

Yesterday was my sister’s birthday. If you ask her, she’ll tell you she’s 29. I find that hilarious being that I turned 29 five years ago and she’s 22 months older than I am. I tried to call her but got voice-mail. I’m sure I’ll get in trouble for not calling back. I had a message from her on my phone this morning. She tried calling after I had gone to bed. I don’t have the ringer on in my bedroom so I missed it. Oops!

We have a short day today. There are parent/teacher conferences today so the kids are being dismissed an hour early. Same thing will happen tomorrow. If we get a turnout of 90% or better, the kids get pizza and ice cream. Incentives like that really work. Last year we only had one parent miss.

This is also Red Ribbon Week. (That is so much easier for me to type than it is for me to say.) We wear red ribbons all week and the kids participate in drug-free activities with the guidance counselor all week. We also get stickers and pencils. Yay! hehe

I received Michael’s next itinerary from his boss last night via e-mail. He will be home an entire week for Thanksgiving. I’m so happy! There are 10 days till his next visit home. I try so hard not to count down, because it’s never-ending, but he asks every time we talk. I count down to his visit home and before he even steps foot on the island, I’m already counting down to the time he leaves. Then I start all over again.

I’m so glad this is not a permanent situation. Maybe I should get my CDL and insist they hire me, too. That way we could travel together.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Well you certainly wouldn't have to deal with the techno-geek anymore, would you? hehehe

Connie Marie said...

Doug will be home for TG too! Yippeee!

Kim said...

it's been raining here too, but at least it's let up now and then.

Fizzy said...

I am so glad that Micheal wil be home for TG. All this working away must be so hard for you and pull you in all directions.

The rain is unrelentless over here. It is driving me potty as it is school half term holidays this week and it does not look like it will give up and stop. Thankfully we do not have the rain and hurricaines of others at the moment that is truley yuk.

Look after yourself and have a good day

Lois Lane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lois Lane said...

I had to do a do-over to wish your sis a happy birthday! :)
Sweetheart, reread my travel tales before thinking about getting your own CDL. LOL! He'll be home soon. :)
Lois Lane

Sandy said...

Happy birthday to your sis!
I don't like when the school has incentives to show up for pta meetings and stuff because I feel guilty for not being able to go (the school is 45 minutes up the mountain and the kids almost always have a sport interfering) Usually it's ice cream or a free dress day (instead of wearing uniform, they can wear an aloha shirt on a specific day) But oh well.
We ALWAYS go to the parent-teacher conferences though, that's important!