Monday, October 03, 2005

Mr. F...Where are you?

When I first started here in the computer lab, the tech guy was a former teacher of mine, Mr. F. I thought it strange that he switched from being a music teacher to a computer tech, but he was great at what he did.

When I had a problem he not only fixed it, he showed me how so that I didn’t need to always depend on him.

He left us for greener pastures around the time we switched from Macintosh to Dell computers. I’ve learned through trial and error how to fix a lot of the little problems, but have yet to get another tech guy who is willing to allow me to learn.

This is the 5th tech guy we’ve had since Mr. F. left and they are all the same. They find themselves extremely busy and because I am all the way across campus, I always get left for last.

I’ve learned to deal with it, but there are times when it is so frustrating. Nobody likes being the low man on the totem pole, but there are times I feel like I’m the part buried in the ground. The part nobody ever thinks about because all of the artistic stuff is right there in plain sight for all to enjoy.

I guess you might have guessed by now that the current tech guy has, once again, let me down. Remember back in August when I was supposed to start testing and the software wasn’t working? It was because the license had expired and needed renewal.

Well, guess what? He didn’t renew. He signed us up for a 30-day free trial.

Guess what else? The free trial expired over the weekend.

So here we are, 3 weeks away from the end of the quarter. The day I’m supposed to start testing and I can’t because the software doesn’t work.

I have Mr. F’s e-mail address. I sometimes wonder if I wrote him and asked as nicely as I can if he would come back to us.

3 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

Oh no! What are you going to do? ... I hope it get's resolved soon!

Jenny said...

Oh my! Kerri! Oh how terribly frustrating!

*hugs*

And here I was complaining about crappy little things in my life when you have this HUGE thing going on. Thanks for listening and I'm sorry for not reading your posts sooner.

Take care!

Kerri said...

Tee, I left him a voice mail but he didn't respond so I went to the principal. He says it should be fixed within 24 to 48 hours. I'm crossing my fingers.

Jayleigh, please don't apologize. I don't mind listening. If I did, I wouldn't have offered...or responded. My situation isn't all that drastic, either. It's just frustrating to know it could have been prevented.