Thursday, October 20, 2005

Mikayla

It’s time for some happy thoughts. I’m tired of getting myself all worked up about things I can’t change here at work.

I’ll give you some Mikayla quotes. She always manages to make me smile.


Last Friday she was here in the computer lab. To give you an idea about how she normally behaves, here’s a conversation I had with her teacher.

Her teacher was in here trying to do assessments with her kids while they were completing their tests on the computer. Mikayla was being her normal chatty self and the teacher noticed I was taking it in stride.

“How do you handle that? She’s not bothering you?”

“No,” I said. “She’s actually mellow at the moment. You should see her at family dinners!”

***********************************

Mikayla had her headphones on so couldn’t hear very well. She finished her test and said, “Aunty Kerri, I’m already done!”

“Good for you, Smarty Pants!”

She heard me wrong and said, “Hey! Don’t call me Farty Pants!”

I said, “I didn’t. I said Smarty…I can call you smart if I want.”

I don’t know what she thinks it means, but she said, “Oh no you can’t!”

I said, “I can too, Missy.”

Then one of he classmates asked, “Did she kiss you?”

Mikayla said, “No! But my mom kisses my dad!”

To which they both replied, “Ewwwwwwwwww!”

*****************************

Later that day, while in her regular classroom, her teacher’s husband stepped in for a couple minutes. He had something to show his wife, talked with a few of the students, and then went on his way.

After he left, the teacher asked if anyone knew who that man was. When they all said no, she said,”That was my husband.”

Mikayla wrinkled her nose and said, “Ewwww! You have a husband?!?” She has never been afraid to speak her mind. I’m glad her teacher found it humorous and not insulting.

***********************************

Here’s one more. Mikayla was in science class on Tuesday. One of her classmates said he needed to use the restroom. As soon as the words left his lips, everyone else needed to go, too.

Mikayla said, “Excuse me, Ms. H. I need to go to the men’s room.”

“No you don’t, Mikayla.”

“Yes, I do. I need to go to the men’s room.”

“Mikayla, only boys go to the men’s room.”

“Then I need to go to the girl’s men’s room!”

I cracked up when she said that and Ms. H looked at me and said, “You better write that one down, Kerri!”

Here she is last Halloween dressed as a puppy. It took forever to get her picture because she was busy crawling around acting like a puppy.

8 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Mikayla is good for you, kerrie!
Your post made me smile.

Kerri said...

Connie Marie, I'm glad she made you smile. She makes me smile every time I'm around her. :o)

Akeskileut, she is extremely funny! She always keeps me laughing. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. :o)

Kate said...

Very cute!

Lois Lane said...

She sound slike a sweetie! Thanks for the giggles today!
Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

Sandy said...

Lookit her picture...she's so adorable! SHe woulda been perfect to go on that show "Kids Say The Darnedest Things"

Kerri said...

She's got the cutest voice and personality to go with her cute little face, Kate!

Lois, she is a sweetie. She'll even let you feel her curls! hehe

Sandy, she would had Linkletter and Cosby in stitches had she been on that show. She is constantly talking and always cracking me up!

Aimee said...

(Just popping by to say hi and let you know I'm thinking of you. How's your weekend going?)

Kerri said...

Thanks, Aimee.