Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

If you celebrate the holiday, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable one! For those of you who don’t, Happy Monday to you! ;o)

I was on my way to work this morning, thinking to myself how dark it was and also enjoying the walk in the cold, misty rain. We’ve had a break in the wind this morning.

A car pulled up along side me and stopped. I looked in the window and had to laugh. It was my step-mother. She waved me in, even though I was just a few yards from the back door of the school. I opened the door and she said, “Get in. It’s not everyday you’re picked up by a witch!”

Being that she is my step-mother…there were plenty of come-backs I could have said, but I bit my tongue. Besides, we get along really well.

She’s in full costume; long black dress, pointy hat, green and purple hair. I didn’t ask if she had a broom. Hehe

My step-mom is the town secretary. The daycare kids are going to the municipal building to go trick-or-treating today so she dressed up for them.

Today is going to be a long day at school. The classes are having Halloween parties, but not until the last hour of the day. So they’re going to be antsy with anticipation All. Day. Long. I wish we could fix it so that Halloween always fell on a Friday. That way we’d have the entire weekend to recuperate. Haha

The first bell just rang. That means I have class coming in about 5 minutes!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Thanks for acknowledging us "non celebraters" : ) hehe
Happy Monday to you too!