Sunday, October 23, 2005

My Weekend

There isn't really a whole lot to talk about regarding my weekend, but since I've been asked 3 times already today, I guess I should say something.

I had a long weekend because I don't do report cards and had no reason to be at work on Friday. I have a cold but it's not even half as bad as the last one. Bad enough, though, that I've wanted to stay home.

I missed the kids' basketball trounament this weekend but don't feel too badly as it was the first of many, many games they'll have this year. Our little league season drags on forever, not ending until April or March. I heard Lucione's team placed 3rd in their division.

The weather has been awful. Heavy rain and gusting winds All. Weekend. Long. It's not going to be stopping anytime soon, either. The wind has finally calmed down a bit for the first time today, but they've already issued a high wind watch for Monday. It will be gusting up around 60mph tomorrow. Not fun.

I've basically been a home-body all weekend. I bought plenty of groceries when Michael and I went to town so had no need to venture out. That has made this weekend feel especially long which isn't always a good thing.

It helped to relax and probably helped my cold...but it allowed me too much time to think. By yesterday I was an emotional wreck. I'm better today...just had to cry it all out and get over it.

It's quite a coincidence to think of the fact that of my small circle of acquaintences here in Blogland, 3 of my regular readers have husbands who travel on a regular basis for their jobs. I applaud you women, you know who you are, because you've done it longer than me and are doing so much better at dealing with it.

I swore I would quit whining and complaining on here, but y'all wanted to know how my weekend was going...so there ya go.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

You can whine and complain anytime you want! We're here to listen and lend you a shoulder, ok?

Hugs.

Kerri said...

Yeah,sorry about that, Akeskileut. I'll catch you on Yahoo tonight. *hugs* backatcha :o)

Thanks, Aimee. I appreciate it. I really do.

Lois Lane said...

No doubt it's hard. I guess at some point acceptance kicks in and takes over, making it a little easier. I'm sorry you had a crappy weekend. I hope crying pushed it out of your system. That usually helps me.
I hope you have a great week.
Lois Lane