Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Warning, Oven is HOT!

My mom left home when I was 12 years old. I've been cooking for about 20 years, give or take a few. You'd think I'd know how to remove food from an oven without hurting myself. Wouldn't you? A grown woman....cooking for more than half her life.

Click photo to view larger.

Not so...2 days in a row now...TWO DAYS IN A ROW...I've reached into the oven to remove my dinner and burned myself. I'm just lucky my reflexes are fast enough that I haven't blistered or anything. Sheesh! This is why we need a nice take-out restaraunt on this island.

9 comments:

Kerri said...

I'm thinking I'll wait more than a couple days before I use the oven again. :o)

Kate said...

It happens to the best of us. :-)

Fizzy said...

awwwwww poor you. It does happen to all of us. I often iron my arm instead of the garments.... my friends and family all laugh at me. Hubby just says he worries when I have a hot iron in my hand and the phone rings.... he does honest!!! *for sale one hubby*

look after yourself and I hope that you don't do it tonight.

Jenny said...

Kerri SHAME!!!!!

Tell Michael you need him at home to take care of you again!

Geez girl, please will you take some better care of yourself!?

**hugs**

Kerri said...

Kate, it's honestly never happened to me before and now it's happened two days in a row!

Fizzy, I'm glad I'm not the only one...I sincerely hope this does not become habit for me.

Jayleigh, I'm trying...I'm taking Akeskileut's advice and staying away from the oven for a few days.

Lois Lane said...

OUCH! Takeout STAT! Now, be extra careful! Remember a few months ago when I was on a burning and fire kick? LOL! Thankful that stage has passed.
Lois Lane

Connie Marie said...

Poor kerri, you MUST be tired!

Tee/Tracy said...

LOL - That's weird - I haven't burnt myself in forever and did it taking something out of the oven the other day too!

k8 said...

dude. i hardly ever burn myself but when i do it's always in 2's or 3's.