Monday, September 20, 2004

Half-Day

I worked half a day today. Not because of anything special. But because I tried to be stubborn and go back before I was completely well and quickly lost my voice. I went to the principal and told him I needed to go home because my voice was getting worse as time went on.

“What do you need your voice for?” he questioned.

Haha, very funny! I was at work long enough to teach 2 computer classes and 1 science class. The science class was fun. It was one of the first grade classes. They had library on Friday and were curious as to why I wasn’t there. I told them I was sick and that I had lost my voice.

One of the boys said, “Oh, you mean you had a horse in your throat?”

“Yeah, my throat was hoarse, alright. I couldn’t talk very loud even when I tried.” I told him.

“What happened when you tried to whisper?” he asked.

“Well, when I talked as loud as I could it sounded like a whisper so when I did whisper, you couldn’t hear me.”

He thought that was a riot. Then he noticed that my voice was beginning to fail me.

“Uh-oh!” he said, “It sounds like your horse is coming back!”

I took that as my cue to come home.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Kerri, the more I learn about you, the more I see myself! Everyone I know says that Rob spoils me to pieces. And I know that I am moody and sometimes fickle and Rob puts up with all kinds of yuck from me. I appreciate your comments.

Last night Rob and I stayed up kind of late talking about Darla and Ping's divorce. We teach their three darling children for Sunday School at our church. I just don't understand why *I* am having such a hard time dealing with it because Darla hardly ever spoke to me before this summer... even though they started going to our church over a year ago.

Sorry for being long winded. Thanks for your insights.

Jayleigh

Kerri said...

Hi Jayleigh,
You know what? You have a big heart. That's why the lives and problems of others affect you so deeply. That's not a bad thing, just remember that nobody can fix their broken marriage but themselves. The most you can do is be there for them. If they won't allow you to be, be there for their children. You see them in Sunday school...give them an extra hug every now and then. I know what it's like to feel helpless and hurt for others. Try not to let it eat you up.

Jenny said...

Your comments always seem to ground me. Thank you for them.

Kerri said...

Anytime, my friend! :o)