Thursday, September 23, 2004

What Else Can Go Wrong?

You ever heard the saying, “When it rains, it pours?” That’s the story of my life these days. I just heard from my mom. I’ve been unable to contact my mother in months. The uncle of mine who is in the hospital is her brother. She swears she hasn’t changed her phone number yet every time I dial it, a recording tells me the number is no longer in service. I send her e-mails at least once a week telling her what’s going on with me. I figure, if we can’t talk on the phone, at least she can read about what I’m doing even if she doesn’t have the time to reply.
So anyway, today I sent her an e-mail from work telling her about my uncle. She finally replies and says that she hasn’t changed her number and she’s going to wait by the phone to hear from me. (But she sent the e-mail to my work account so I didn’t get it.)
She goes on to say, that my sister (who will be 35 next month) has fallen and broken her hip. She is in the hospital and has to go through therapy otherwise she’ll be in a wheel chair for the rest of her life.
So yeah, I’m in a bit of a tizzy at the moment. I’m going to bed now. I’ve got a headache.

3 comments:

magal53 said...

I think so, too.

Jenny said...

Oh Kerri I'm so sorry! btw if you don't mind me asking, how far away do your mom and sis live?

I will continue to pray for your entire family.

In about an hour, Rob and I are going to visit a church friend who's in the nursing home. They don't think she will last the whole weekend because of her incredible pain. I'll write about it later.

Hang tough, my friend. Things will improve... or our attitudes will, because SOMETHING has got to give.

Kerri said...

Hi Jayleigh,
It doesn't sound like far, but she's down in California. She may as well be on the other side of the earth because I don't have the money or time to go down and spend time with her. There is no other family near her so it's not like I can ask someone else to track her down when I lose touch with her. The closest relatives are in Washington (Seattle area). I really hope we can figure out a way to help my sister and a better way to communicate with each other. The ideal situation would be for them both to just move home because her medical expenses would be covered. We're native so AK Native Health would provide care for her either free of charge or at a greatly reduced cost. They won't help her right now because she's been away from home too long. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I really do apprecite it.