Sunday, September 19, 2004

What's up with the Missing Sock?!?

Today was laundry day. Actually, every day is laundry day around here because my husband normally does it. But today was MY laundry day. So I go around the house gathering clothes and carry them to the laundry room. There were more clothes than usual today because one of my nieces spent the night on Friday and forgot to put her clothes in the wash and her sister came and showered here today.
Being that laundry is not usually my thing…I thought I was doing pretty well. Key word here is “thought”.
When I transfer clothes from the washer to the dryer, I take them out of the washer one item at a time. I do this because some of my shirts I would rather hang dry than throw into the dryer. Anyway, there were 6 pairs of socks in todays wash. 12 individual socks. I put TWELVE socks into the dryer.
So the dryer buzzes to tell me it’s done its job. I unload the dryer and bring the piles of warm, Bounce-scented clothes to the couch. I made two trips so that I wouldn’t drop anything…even made an extra trip to make sure I didn’t leave a trail of clothes. Nothing in the dryer, nothing on the floor.
Why, then, did I only have 11 socks to match up? I cannot find the missing sock. I even had my husband look in the machines and we searched the house between the laundry room and the living room. I guess it’s time to buy a hamper or something. We cannot find the sock and it’s driving me batty.

No comments: