Thursday, September 16, 2004

Work Break

This is my one day a week I only have one library class so I've got a 30 minute break.
Today has been a good day. The sky is blue and the sun is shining, but the wind is cool and crisp. I couldn't be happier. The cool breeze means summer is giving in to autumn which, in turn, gives in to WINTER. Call me crazy, but I love winter. I love that it's cold. I love the holidays. I just love winter.
Winter nowadays is not like it was when I was a child. I remember, as a child, being able to lie down in the snow and disappear. The snow was so deep, we could actually tunnel through it. Our climate has warmed up some, so if we get good snow, it's never as deep as it once was. That still doesn't take away from my love of winter, though. As long as we don't have a long wet winter with too much rain and slushy snow, winter will always be my favorite season. Most people I know cringe when they see the mountain tops turn white for the first time each year. I actually look forward to it. It hasn't happened yet this year so I am still anxiously waiting.
Hurry up, Jack Frost. I'm awaiting your arrival. The colder the better! :o)

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I would say that if someone dislikes winter that much, they should maybe reconsider the living-in-Alaska thing! Meanwhile, it sounds as though you are in the right place. :-)

Kerri said...

Hi Jamie,
You're right. This is the right place for me...on so many levels. :o)
Thanks for your comment!