Sunday, September 19, 2004

Keyword: ORGANIZE

I have this friend. I’m always complaining about my messy computer desk. Her response is always “Keyword: Organize.”
I thought of her today while I was organizing my desk. While doing so, I found some papers that needed to be filed away. That got me going through my papers and I found some poetry I had written a while back.
Most of my poetry is of the “cheesy rhyming kind”, as I’ve often heard this style referred to, and it usually comes at a time when I’m emotional in some way about something in my life. It's always been sort of theraputic for me to read what I write because I don't usually stop to think about what I'm writing until I've finished. I’m going to share one here tonight and it seems I was having a hard time dealing with something and needed to remind myself that things will get better. Sort of like “It’s darkest before the dawn” or “Only through struggle can you have success.” Anyway, before I over-explain myself, here it is:

This road called Life is difficult
It seems to change most every day
One day the sky is clear and blue
The next day, gloomy gray

But that’s what makes it interesting
And worth the uphill climb
Not always knowing what comes next
Never knowing what you’ll find

Though life’s not always easy
And the struggles pull me down
I won’t give up, I will not quit
I’ll find a way to rebound

My faith is what sustains me
And pulls me through hard times
My belief that the Lord guides me
Brings me peace of mind

Each storm brings a rainbow
From rain the flowers bloom
Up from the valleys peaks arise
Each sunset announces the moon

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Different Strokes skills are most impressive.

I love your blog too.

kick ass!

Kerri said...

Hi Vadergrrrl,

Thanks for visiting. I'm flattered that you liked what you found.

As far as Diff'rent Strokes, that was one of my favorite shows! :o)

Jenny said...

Kerri, I love this. I got chills reading it. Good job, Friend.

Jayleigh

Kerri said...

Hi Jayleigh,
I'm glad you liked it. I never know how people will respond to my poetry which is why I never share it.

Anonymous said...

It's me anonymous posting again..hehehe!!
See what happens when you get organized, you find a nice poem to share that you wrote, thanks for sharing and keep up the good work lady :-)

Kerri said...

Hahaha! I knew you'd catch on that I was referring to you. :o) Glad you liked the poem.