Monday, December 27, 2004

I'm Back

Oops! I guess I spaced out my blog for a few days. I’d apologize, but it was a nice break.

Christmas was hectic, but fun. We spent most of both Christmas Eve and Christmas day at my in-laws. I had expected it, though, because this is the first Christmas since Michael’s older brother died and his mother is very emotional. It’s been 6 months and although he was a Jehovah’s Witness when he died, he hadn’t been one all his life so the holidays brought back a rush of memories of him and the holidays they shared with him.

Michael’s family is quite large. The house was full and loud but it was nice to be together. I really enjoyed all of the kids. Lucione showed off her new trumpet and Lindsey was delighted with the knowledge that she was the only one to master her new grabber game.

I gave Michael a new George Foreman grill for Christmas. We got one as a gift a couple years ago and he wore the non-stick coating off of the grill plates he uses it so often. This new one has a temperature control, timer, and removable grill plates. He was so happy with it. I also gave him some movies and a hair clipper set. I was nuts to do that, though, because he’s been wanting me to cut his hair and I don’t trust myself. Why did I buy the clippers?!?

He gave me a popcorn machine. It looks like the large machines you see in theaters, but it’s only about 19 inches high. It pops ¼ cup of seeds at a time. Just right for a snack. He also gave me a Snow White quilt and a Mickey Mouse phone. The phone is shaped like Mickey’s head and plays the Mickey Mouse Club theme when a call comes in.

The weather is pretty chilly…in the 20’s for the past 3 days. I love the cold, but being this cold meant a dry Christmas. I so wanted it to snow. It’s warming up now, but with my luck, it will warm quickly and rain instead of snow.

I’m going to relax for a bit…I’ll write again some other time.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Yay! A popcorn machine! That's cool!

Jenny said...

Kerri, I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas, filled with cool presents and a wonderful, loving family.

**hugs**

Aimee said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. I'm with Kate--Yay Popcorn Machine!

Take all the time you want hon. Have fun relaxing before the hectic-ness (is that a word?) of school gets ya again.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

wb Carrie...hope you had a nice break. Enjoy the rest of your time off from work! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas :-) Take care..hugs!
Swanlady..:-)

Gato said...

Practice saying this with me, "It'll grow back." C'mon, you can say it, "It'll grow back!" with feeling now. "It WILL grow back! Really fast! Promise!" :) You are a brave woman! :)

Kerri said...

Thanks, ladies, I did have a wonderful Christmas. I tried to explain my popcorn machine to my mom over the phone but she can't imagine a small one. She thinks I have a huge commercial one. Anyway, I took a picture of it when we made popcorn the other night, I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

LemonCat, you're too funny! Is that a voice of experience I hear? ;o)

Jenny said...

My parents got a MICKEY MOUSE popcorn machine from my uncle for Christmas. Hehehe. Is yours Disney? ;-)