Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year to You!

It's a balmy 20 degrees with not a cloud to be seen. I love this kind of weather. The world is frozen and all is peaceful. Even the dogs are quiet on days like this.

I'm not sure why I was in such a melancholy mood yesterday but I'm in better spirits today. Thanks Kate and Jayleigh for reminding me of the good things that have happened these past few months. :o)

Michael and I don't have any plans for bringing in the new year. We'll probably go over to his parents house and count down with them. We're not into partying and drinking like some of our aquaintences are.

I don't mind, though. I love spending time with family.

While sorting through our living room closet, we came across some old video tapes from our first couple years of marriage. Not much footage of ourselves, but tons of our nieces and nephews as babies. They were sooo cute! I miss them being so small. I can't wait for the chance to show them and embarass them all! haha

I have some pictures I've been wanting to share but haven't made the time. I'll do that tomorrow or Sunday, I promise.

Happy New Year to You and Yours!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's good to recall the challenges you've survived? It reminds you when things go bad that you've been through some tough times and you've been able to get through it. The good times will come back to you soon. Just takes a little jogging of your brain, like the old videos reminding you of how cute the little ones were. Kerry on! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!! I wish you and M the best in the coming new year!

Jenny said...

I adore going through those old videos. We recently saw one from when Mindy was 2 and the tears streamed down my face wondering where all this time has gone. :-) Such a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Happy New Year!!!

Kate said...

No problem. ;-) Glad to be of help. :-) Sounds like a beautiful day!

Kerri said...

Thank you, Tara...I hope the new year treats you just as well...better, even!

"Anonymous1" thank you for your insight. You are most likely absolutely right.

"Anonymous2" (Ahka) Happy New Year to you and A as well. :o)

Jayleigh, where DOES the time go? ;o) Thank goodness for video tapes!

Kate, a beautiful day, indeed. :o)