Monday, August 09, 2004

I got my first comment yesterday. When I first saw it, I thought I was seeing things. I was shocked to realize I wasn't hallucinating. When the shock subsided, I was a mix of emotions. Excited that someone actually read what I typed...embarrassed that someone actually read what I typed...humbled because they not only read what I typed, but responded!
I am not a very out-going person. I am not good at initiating contact or starting conversation. I will not turn away from someone who does, but I am never the one to break the ice. I do, however, think that it's important to acknowledge the presence of others. As I encounter people each day, I always let them know I see them. I'll wave at a passing car and smile or say hello as we pass in the grocery store aisle. At work, I make sure I always greet the children by name. Some of their faces just light up when they hear you say, "Good Morning, Sam!" with a smile on your face as they're speed walking down the hall trying to beat the school bell.
So, LemonCat, whoever you are and wherever you may be, I say to you in my best Eeyore voice, "Thanks for noticing me."

2 comments:

Gato said...

You are too modest. Your blog is turning into one of my favorites! I just re-discovered your blog after these many months and was pleased to see you have continued to write so many interesting and funny posts.
You see I don't post very often, once a week if I'm lucky, but I spend time reading other's blogs and struggle a bit with trying to improve my blog formatting, etc. I was attempting to read up on how to add links to my favorite sites (like yours) because I keep finding ones I like but then forget where they are?!
So anyway, I thought I'd try to see if I could find my blog in google and today I found your post on my comment. Wow! I was pleasantly surprised to see your reaction, which I had never seen. I too was humbled that you honored my comment. I just spent all morning catching up with your postings since I last visited your blog. I too, see much commonality with the woman who posts bits and pieces of her life. Thank you for sharing. It's been a pleasure. Post on!

Kerri said...

Welcome back, LemonCat! I have not forgotten you. I check on you every so often. :o) Glad you found me again and enjoyed what you found.