Thursday, August 26, 2004

So many people surround me
Yet I'm so all alone
I try to speak but have no words
My feelings go unknown
I feel so sad and lonely
Even amongst this crowd
I yearn to tell them how I feel
Afraid to speak out loud
They think I want what they want
"You're just being shy," they say
But to me its so much more than that
Wish I knew what to say
How do I tell them, "Thanks for trying
But that's just not for me"?
I've tried but no one's listened
When will they ever see
These walls I've build around me
So tall and strong and tight
They can't come down lest I consent
Yet they try with all their might
Nobody understands me
Nobody's really tried
They try to help but do more harm
So many nights I've cried
All alone lying in the dark
I've shed so many tears
Won't there ever be someone with whom
I can share my hopes and fears

No comments: