Friday, August 27, 2004

TGIF

This has been one long week. With almost daily schedule changes and not enough prep time it was stressful, to say the least. I'm still not doing my regular schedule because I'm trying to get the computer lab functioning like it's supposed to. I'm just about there, so I'll be starting with the science and math classes next week. I started in the library today. Working with my partner in there will take some getting used to, but I think we can make it work. I'm still nervous about the science and math, though. I've never had to work along side someone like this before.

Today was a pretty good day. No major catastrophies at work...that's always nice, especially at the beginning of the year. I brought my niece home with me to spend the night with us. She's 10 but will be 11 in a couple weeks. I have a Shania Twain CD in the truck. Her newest one, "Up". There's a song on there that my niece loves. "Cha-Ching", I think, is the title. Anyway, everytime she's in our truck she wants to hear that song...over and over and over again. Well, tonight, we had to take her home to pick up some clothes. On our way, she asked for the song. Once you let her hear it, she won't want to hear anything else, so I was trying to talk her out of it. When she or her sister is with us, we take them for a drive at night and sometimes let them take the portable DVD player and watch a movie.

I brought the DVD player tonight and when she started asking for her favorite song, I told her, "By the time I find the CD, we'll be at your house and you won't even hear it play. Then you'll get back in the truck and start your movie, so why bother trying to find it?"

"Because, Aunty Kerri" she said, "I have a whooooooole different plan!"

That girl cracks me up. She's still awake so I better go keep her occupied. If she goes to bed now, she'll be up with the sun and I, for one, would like to sleep in tomorrow.

No comments: