Sunday, August 29, 2004

The Party

This afternoon, we went to a family gathering to celebrate the birthday of my twin nieces. They won't be 3 until September 13th, but they will be in Dutch Harbor then so their mother decided to have a party before they left. It was a good excuse to get the family together. It was nice. They're so adorable. I really wish I could see more of them. I hate that they don't live here.

Well, I hadn't planned on it, but I had a birthday party of my own. My husbands mother and two of his sisters stopped by and we had cake and ice cream while we watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics. It was nice. They brought candles though and if there's one thing I hate about birthday parties (my own, anyway) it's the candles. I don't like being the center of attention so blowing out candles is quite embarrassing for me. I told my husband I didn't want any, but his sister had her own plan. haha Oh well, it was just family and I won't have to suffer through that for another year.

In the end, I got some nice gifts and we shared a few laughs. After sharing my birthday with my little nieces this afternoon, this was a good way to end my day.

No comments: