Sunday, August 22, 2004

Nope, I won't do it...I'm NOT going to give in!

My husband is driving me bonkers! My birthday is a week from today. He bought my gift yesterday.

Before he came home from work, he called me and said, "I bought your gift today. Want to guess what it is?"

I said, "No, I don't. I have no idea what it could be."

"Come on, just guess. If you get it right, I won't wrap it."

I'm cracking up now because he put me on the spot..."No, I can't even imagine what it could be. I don't want to guess. Besides, if I do make a guess and I'm wrong, you'll feel bad because you'll think that my guess was what I really wanted."

"I won't feel bad...JUST GUESS. Otherwise I don't know how I'm going to get it into the house."

Now I'm really laughing...my stomach hurts I'm laughing so hard. I tell him I will not guess. I always try to get him to guess his birthday and Christmas gifts and he always refuses so why should I humor him? So he brings it home and hides it in a spare bedroom.

"Your gift is in there if you want to look at it."

No way am I even going near that door. He keeps trying to give me hints, but I'm not listening. He came home for lunch today and went into the room. When he came out of there, he left the door open. I guess, so I'd see it and he'd be off the hook. No such luck, hubby! You've gotta keep it hidden or wrap it up 'cause I'm not peeking! :o)


4 comments:

Jason said...

hilarious!

Kerri said...

I have to agree with you, Jason. And he's only getting worse! He keeps going in the spare bedroom and leaving the door open. I tell him to close it every time.

He keeps saying, "It's way in the corner, you won't see it."

I don't care, I tell him. I'm NOT going to peek even if he puts it in the middle of the room and it's driving him crazy.

Kate the Peon said...

I like playing gift games! I do similar things. Fun for me!

Kerri said...

Yeah, I enjoy them, too. But for some reason this year my husband and I have switched roles. It's usually me teasing him not the other way around!