Monday, August 23, 2004

On a Lighter Note...

Okay, I'm tired of this mood I'm in. I am determined to not let the changes at work diminish my love for the job. Afterall, I am still working with kids. And that is the reason I love this job. I love kids. I love watching their face light up at the excitement of learning something new. I love listening to their laughter and chatter when they think I'm not listening. I just love kids. :o)

I have a lot of nieces and nephews on my husbands side of the family. One nephew is 7 years old. The family was here at my house last month for my husbands birthday. We were all enjoying our cake and ice cream and my nephew broke the silence.

"Did you all know that Bud has a last name?" he asks. (Bud is one of my dogs.)

"He does? What is it?" my mother-in-law asked him.

"Weiser!"

OMG, the roar of laughter that resulted was deafening. One, because this child is only 7. Two, because it came out of nowhere. Nobody in the family even drinks. What a witty little man he is.

No comments: