Tuesday, June 07, 2005

He's Leaving...On a Jet Plane

Today has been sort of a melancholy day. Michael leaves tomorrow and although it's only for 2 nights, it saddens me because it means that he is committed to this corporation. I know that it means steady employment and I should be happy about that. But it also means he'll be working elsewhere this winter.

We've kicked around the idea of me going with him, but it's not a definite thing and I'm not looking forward to only seeing him one week out of each month this winter. He could be working off the island for as many as 15 months.

He's been talking about it since he got his current job...but I kept telling myself it was way off in the future. In reality, he could leave by August if not sooner.

So anyway, if I'm not posting during the next few days it's because I haven't been able to drag myself out of bed to face the world. Haha, no...it's because I've decided to clean this house from top to bottom while he's gone to keep myself busy. ;o)

4 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

I agree - the keeping busy thing sounds like a good idea. :) {HUG}

Fizzy said...

(((hugs)) keeping busy is good therapy. I left you a message on the last post too.

Jenny said...

Awww. I know it will be A-OK, dear.

HUGS

Fizzy said...

OK Kerri .. all this keping busy,can you send some my way please? cos I have turned the PC on instead of sorting my house out.